Pete's OBD2 Corrado VR6 - On The Road

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive!!!  

Went to my local pirtek branch to make up my oil lines as didn't have correct tools here to do the job and wanted peace of mind 🏻 They have done a great job and only £38 - I supplied the li

I went to Stealth yesterday, feeling quite apprehensive! I am the 3rd car that has used their new strapping system, so they can run higher power cars without needing to use glue all of the time, and a

Posted Images

Over 500 miles done so far, mostly covered in wales :)

Been a real good week although came back earlier due to heavy rain flooding the camp site!

I ended up buying a roof rack and box with taking 2 kids, 8 birth tent, the mrs and a puppy!

post-81920-140691844818_thumb.jpg

post-81920-140691853486_thumb.jpg

post-81920-140691855798_thumb.jpg

Wasn't all trouble free though! Broke the bonnet release cable on the release mechanism so had to order this: http://www.gruvenparts.com/billet-corrado-hood-cable-clip/ and hopefully should be able to open my bonnet again doh!

Also need a new bonnet latch as that has somehow got bent so need order a new one!

Might also need a crank sensor too as sometimes takes a while to start intermittently ( it did this before on my old engine too ).

Also as you know I've been working on an OEM style exhaust for the Corrado in stainless with stealth racing and dub power.

Some progress on this with tinkering the fitment:

post-81920-140691892773_thumb.jpg

post-81920-140691889687_thumb.jpg

post-81920-140691894242_thumb.jpg

Still some more work to do on the tailpipe in terms of making it look more like a Corrado one, but good progress so far!

Next thing on the list is an oil and filter change now I've covered 500 miles on the new engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo great day @ VWNW with the Corrado! 620 miles done, still waiting for the bonnet clip and gonna order my oil and filter this week as I'm off down shakey on the 23rd for the weekend with @dlea will be looking at restoring my steering wheel leather and gear knob soon too.

Ah that's how that works, couldn't figure out how that block went lol

I actually think its meant for LHD cars as I think its the wrong way around! Still does the job and I have confidence in opening my bonnet again! was a bit of a faff to fit and had a bit of a mare as when I fist fitted I pulled the handle and the bonnet didn't open :ph34r:

Just needed some minor adjustment in the end :)

Next job is to sort my blowing exhaust where I fitted my decat and then onto restoring the steering wheel / gear knob!

Will be down at Shakespeare county raceway this weekend with thegoth and @dlea and the other 15 degree racing guys for racing a good times!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...