Pete's OBD2 Corrado VR6 - On The Road

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive!!!  

Went to my local pirtek branch to make up my oil lines as didn't have correct tools here to do the job and wanted peace of mind 🏻 They have done a great job and only £38 - I supplied the li

I went to Stealth yesterday, feeling quite apprehensive! I am the 3rd car that has used their new strapping system, so they can run higher power cars without needing to use glue all of the time, and a

Posted Images

What was involved in converting it to obd2 I have just ordered a conversion for my golf and hope to get it swapped over. Just wondering what I had to do as I don't have the parts yet to get an idea.

It's a lot easier on the golf than the Corrado. Literally plug and play for you.

Ended up making a new loom out of both the golf and Corrado for mine but looks totally OEM now

Club Chairman

So, as mentioned. Pace has picked up!

New engine fully built and now installed!

post-81920-140425069957_thumb.jpg

post-81920-14042507105_thumb.jpg

Sitting in the engine bay!

post-81920-140425072576_thumb.jpg

Tough love for the Corrado ;)

post-81920-140425074496_thumb.jpg

Cylinder 1 & 6 looking pretty shot! Vince said there was loads of piston slap and wear.

post-81920-140425076677_thumb.jpg

post-81920-140425077566_thumb.jpg

It's had a new wheel bearing on drivers side, just waiting for my steering rack to arrive and then exhaust can go on :)

Club Chairman

It's alive!

Rapid pace getting to this stage, and here is the first run obligatory video.

Got a new wheel bearing fitted and focus was on the exhaust as we are building a prototype for DubPower to bring to market an OEM style exhaust for the Corrado!

New vs my 20 year old standard system...

post-81920-140433759458_thumb.jpg

Under car shot

post-81920-140433763579_thumb.jpg

Standard exhaust

post-81920-140433766068_thumb.jpg

First trial fit getting the angle right

post-81920-140433767658_thumb.jpg

Standard tailpipe

post-81920-140433773926_thumb.jpg

DubPower tailpipe

post-81920-140433775912_thumb.jpg

The plan next is to ovalise it and give it a more slashcut look to make it more standard looking.

Waiting for the steering rack and for it to be MOT'ed before I can collect it.

Can't wait!

Club Chairman

Judging by the amount of dollar this work must have cost Pete, you could ovalise the new exhaust by throwing your wallet at it! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. My wallet wouldn't be much use, not much weight in all the receipts I stuff in there

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't believe it mate. I've not seen the car since February. And it sounded like a bag of spanners last I heard it!!

I remember the last engine stealth built me and the first time I flicked the key it sounded amazing! I'd say 90% if VR's I see have tired engines these days and don't sound / go as well as they once did :)

Club Chairman

yeah I can understand that most have probably been subject to a lot of hammer over the years, ive just recently had most of my cylinder head freshened up and did the head gasket at the same time, block was good, it seems to have freshened my engine up alot and gives goo piece of mind. id love to go through with a fine tooth comb like you have and stick all new bits in where needed. I think if I was you id be like a giddy kid to have it back

Head overhaul is always good on any engine over 80k! As they start to burn a little oil and get a bit noisy. You can't go wrong. Mine originally started out as just that but given the oil it was using I knew there were bigger problems lol

Club Chairman