Parts needed chain rail, guide and tension bolt?????

As header states folks where is best to get these items, I e-mailed GSF but got this reply:-

Hi

Of the parts you have enquired about we can only supply the oil filter as we have no listings of the timing chain guide and the tensioner rail and bolt the numbers you supplied come up but does not cross over to any GSF part numbers unfortunately.

The part number for the oil filter is

HU932/6N @ 6.25 plus vat

Many Thanks

Davey Bansal

GSF Heathrow

The engine is OBD2 and I am not currently in a financial position to lash more money out on the full chains yet but she has got a little noise coming and wanted to replace the rails. So were can I get these and how much roughly.

Upper chain guide ( 021 109 513 ),Upper chain tensioner rail ( OBD2=021 109 509 E ),Upper chain tensioner bolt ( OBD2=021 109 507 B )

Cheers

is this the least u can get away with changing? mines really rattly now but i havnt got the funds for full job atm.......and ive got a trip to newquay and 3 trips to essex next month - thats 2000 miles ontop of the daily commute and running about! its an ob1, ta

They reckon around a 100k on OBD1 is a good time to change OBD2 its a fair bit higher. But there is no way to tell with the chains but if it is making a noise its def the guide rails ........ For me the simple fact of the matter is I can only afford to do the rails right now anyway.

Dave i got my bits from TPS in Kent. They were really good... Have a look at my following thread for my part numbers, but these do differ even on the OBD2 models, you need to get your engine code before you call them, i got the chains, guides, tensioners, gearbox oil and coolant cost me just over 200. Not too bad really.

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?298530

They reckon around a 100k on OBD1 is a good time to change OBD2 its a fair bit higher. But there is no way to tell with the chains but if it is making a noise its def the guide rails ........ For me the simple fact of the matter is I can only afford to do the rails right now anyway.

haha 167000 without em done! well no reciept anyways.....

its deffo making a noise, and it gets wilder the higher the revs. did the belt tensioner bearing in hope it was this but werent, and spose if i think about it it sounds like a loose chain sorta noise......cant afford for it to skip a tooth or anything. cheers, will look at getting parts together.

kno wot u mean with the money lol! thought about selling the vr a couple of times - by far my fav car ive owned, and the best sounding ever, but it takes away from the fun a bit when u havent got any money to service it...

I totally get what your saying Pete ........ but the simple fact is with the group buy im in and the turbo bits I have baught this year I cannot justify the spend ..... family holiday next month aswell ....... Im just saying the chains would be better running over new guides than broken ones.

as i work for a vw garage i would have to say go genuine on these, remember tat this will get you a 2 year parts and labour waranty, but make sure they put all the details such as mileage and chassis number on the invoice and hold on to it. warranty should also cover consequential damage as well, but i can check and confirm this

Ive got the bits pictured and my cat went today so had to order a new one of those ........ making the chains a definate no no at the min. on another note I see your from Larne im from Belfast but live on the mainland im heading home for a holiday in September my eldest girl is ten and never been LOL

i been vw today to have a look, and the very nice man printed this off for me.....unfortunatly he didnt have a clue lol.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

i wanna order the right bits here and the guy didnt kno, im assuming 15 is the upper guide, 13 upper chain tensioner rail, but wot is the tensioner bolt. is it 10?

cheers, wanna do this before a 12 hour round trip to newquay! will do chains soon as i can afford it. cos ive built (near enough) a new gearbox and will be fitting a clutch when that goes in - so easy enough to do it all properly then. but no funds at all atm.