Hi i recentley started getting a miss fire on my 1998 vr6 took it to a garage i use they done some checks turned out the leads and plugs were in a pretty bad state so got them changed and the car ran sweet.Next day after i started driving i noticed thats its developed a judder not a actual misire like before mainly in 2nd gear and as i go up the gears but it only does it between 1,000 and 2,000 revs after the 2,000 mark its fine.What i have noticed is if im gentle on the gas it dont really do it but if im more put my foot down it will do a few judders then go.I have also replaced the fuel pump recently for another genuine vag one but second hand.Some one said may its the math sensor is it im not sure just wondered if anyone had a simlar problem any advice would be great before it goes back to the garage cheers.

Hi m8 i dont personnally know what type of plugs that have been used for the car,but i do know he is a decent mechanic who has worked on plenty of vws over the years what i do know is the leads and plugs came to £125 supplied and fitted the car drove fine for a day then i started to get the judder.I will be taking it to vw tomorrow my friends going to try the vagcom on it for me see what results i get.Is their a way to check the coilpack? my mechanic did say it could be the coil pack or maf sensior etc.I have noticed also a blow on my cat would this cause any issues too?Thanks for your replys..... 8-)

Hi i fitted a new maf censor today as the vw laptop said i needed one.After it was fitted it was slighty better but still not 100%.So i phoned my friend at vw and explianed its still playing up but he reakons he needs to clear the fault for the new maf to work etc does this sound right?