Highline with extra horse's, sez my mate???

Come on then, someone can help me win a tenner, and no i won't be splitting it before you ask.

My friend has informed me!!! that the highline has more power than the standard Vr. I have disputed this but he is going to stand on until I have evidence.

Send us the stats in a web site. ;)

PS that tenners mine, I'll burn it in the Vr.

if its a 96 it should be obd2... look at the throttle body and if theres a big black plastic end piece on the left then its OBD2 (sorry cant describe it very well) I'll try and find a pic

on the subject of your bet... VW figures are 174bhp for all mk3 golf VR6s so if you get a highline brochure that should win you the bet ;)

well yes and no... later VRs (96-98) had the OBD2 ecu which usually produces more power (about 10bhp) than earlier (OBD1) cars... so yes they do but it isnt just highlines its all later VRs

[ Edited Sat Feb 14 2004' date= 12:13AM ]

....but...most of the late cars have this slight power advantage neutralised by the addition of air-con.

Hi,

My 1993 obd1 pulled 152 at the wheels on the same day as my mates highline did 148 on TSR dyno. I've never heard of the later cars supposed to have 193bhp either. Can't see why leather heated seats or colour coded bumpers would give you more power. Another friend has a 97 non highline that pulled max power of 186.8(flywwh) on the AMD dyno with a shrick VGI and miltek cat back. All dynos vary but I'm pretty sure the base line figures are the same for all 2.8VR6 motors. cool website. :)