What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

Today I wired MTX L wideband gauge to the ecu, now not only does it look pretty it's more useful, something the previous 2 owners didnt bother doing. 2 meters of cable a 100ohm resistor and an hour of my time, simples!

Just waiting for the cable now to set it up properly.

Peace out.

Steve

Just drove 50 minutes round trip for absolutely nothing!  Contacted powder coaters about a quote to refurb my wheels.  He says sure pop down I can show you what we offer.  Text me the postcode I said I will set off now.  Which they did, to which I replied on my way!!!!!!

Turn up there and ring him I think  I am outside your workshop!  Oh why didn't you say you where coming now we have gone home!!!  Nightmare!

What charger you got mate?

It's a eaton m112 i have read in america they are spinning them faster and pushing them above 10 psi without a intercooler, but thats crazy i have an intercooler but i am just waiting to get my bently vr6 manual before i start work i plan on replacing the head gasket also.

To be honest i am in above my head i am happy with a vr6 engine but when it comes to the supercharger its all new territory to me

Edited by ky_uk

Just ordered new sparco bucket seats and 4 point harnesses also ordered a rollcage but the said it could be a 6 week turnaround so I am waiting and bored! Meanwhile my Bentley manual and Haynes manual arrived so that will help with the engine work so I am currently looking to replace all of the brake system and am looking for the best deal on brembo full system.

Today il be puttin new outer sill cover on ...only a 10 min job .. ..makes so much difference as the new ones dont have a thin metal insert so wont corrode ..and there still avalible from t.p.s £30 each ..new t.p.s said in about a year they wont be able to get any vr6 stuff anymore so hurry up if you need genuine parts ..

Today il be puttin new outer sill cover on ...only a 10 min job .. ..makes so much difference as the new ones dont have a thin metal insert so wont corrode ..and there still avalible from t.p.s £30 each ..new t.p.s said in about a year they wont be able to get any vr6 stuff anymore so hurry up if you need genuine parts ..

A lot of genuine parts for the VR are obsolete now pal. Most body panel have all gone.

Well the VR6 didn't make it to Cornwall.

Infact, I didn't even make it 100 yards down the road before my Clifford alarm decided to activate and car wouldn't do anything. Eventually got it going and it did the same again.

Just what I wanted on my street at 4am, sure my neighbours loved me.

Ripping it out now as its a bag of crap!

53f9900692b6623ca4b2ad15548d9cb8.jpg

Was it easy enough to do pal?

Been thinking about putting one on mine due to the issues I had.

Simples one of these

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/connectors/ford-gen2-coil-pack-plug-pins-6cyl.html

i got one of these http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Mondeo_2.5_2003/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/ignition/ignition-coils/?413590261&1&9b5189ebab40724bf3c7601e68b1ab062990e6ff&000197

but any V6 ford between 2000-07 coil pack, these are Gen 2 and our spark leads fit right on!

follow these wiring instructions

http://forums.thecarlounge.com/showthread.php?4223032-Ford-Coil-Pack-on-VR6-with-Pics

first couple of pages refer to the Gen 1 pack (different spark towers)

mine was easier because i have aftermarket ECU so didnt have to connect to the ICM on the side of the pack.

bits to remember...

its an idea to cut the aluminium heat sink down (a must if you have engine plastics in place otherwise leads wont fit)

ford pack only has 3 mounting bolt holes 2 line up perfectly you will need to fab a mount for the 3rd

if you want to keep original lead arrangement (eg top 3 from spark towers going to the back, bottom 3 going to the front), the ford connector needs to be mounted facing down.

i bodged mine in 45 minutes, so i reckon a proper job would be a couple of hours, give me a shout if you need help.

s