What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

I replaced the door handle on the passat.

Re-synced the Fob' date=' removed the lock and sent it back to tps for a full refund lol.

Picked up another boot lock and that now operates the central locking too. £5 from the breakers down the road. :D

[/quote']

How do you go about re-syncing the fob?

How you been anyway big man?

Thought you were a locksmith bungy, surely you know?

New lock in. Use key to operate central locking while keeping the fob lock button pressed.

Anyways, I'm okay thanks matey. Just longing for the money to do somthing fun with the passat and not spending on repairs all the time.

You? 4mo still going strong?

Well fitted some new Jom Fogs as I sold my original ones to a customer and have had no indicator for a week lol. After re greasing the tensioner and the whine not going away I also fitted a new power steering pump.

Then ordered the DAS 6 finally along with some pads and:

Poorboys SSR 2.5 Super Swirl Remover

PoorBoys - Black Hole

Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax

Luckily the Mrs managed to hit a curd lastnite when she was out in it. She rang me from the shop nearly in tears and didn't want to come home in case I went ape. Well because she did it and not me im allowed a refurb lol.

You? 4mo still going strong?

Took the 4mo out for it's first real drive today of any distance since taking it off the road before Christmas. Everything working well but desperately need some new tyres and luckily someone from the forum has 4 ready for me....

After reading a thread on the corrado forum, some guys bonnet had ceased up and at 80MPH the bonnet flew open! I can tell you those bonnets weigh a fair bit.

I had noticed my latch had also ceased up, so was going to order a new one from VW, however lots of lube an manipulation its now working as it should! will continue to lube and manipulate over the next few days...

so here's a word of warning, check those bonnet latches! There's a reason why they are usually lubed up as part of a service... the corrado in question will be lucky not to be written off!

Pete