What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

On 3/6/2016 at 6:56 PM, Bealieboy said:

Sounds like you've had a busy day then! Where are you based infiltrator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bexhill in East Sussex mostly. But I frequent Portsmouth every so often which is why I've cable-tied the VR6 badge onto the grille :D

On 3/7/2016 at 2:40 AM, dadys said:

I took the rns10 head unit out and installed my eonon android in

I hadn't heard of these until you mentioned them. Now I want one. How does it look?

Its looking cool .like having a big android phone in your car.I've just downloaded spotify, YouTube, talk sport,tune in radio an co pilot app.

Really awesome and my steering wheel control buttons are working with the unit, perfect.

I can read my gmail emails and NY yahoo emails, what can I says.. Everything is at the touch of a button, lol.

It doesn't let me post pictures in here for some reason but if you have an email address a Facebook I can post them to you and a short video too.

Had a good look around the front bushes and strut mounts of the Gal. I now have a long shopping list for bushes, track rod ends, ARB and bushes and the ball joints. The rear needs attention too. 

Had my new double din head unit arrive yesterday and attempted to install it earlier with no success. The head unit at best is between 1.5 and double din, so I'm not happy, especially with the fixing brackets that will not work on the dashboard carcass.

Now i'm starting to look at re routing the intake pipe or wrap it in heat reflective stuff. The AUE 24v VR6 in the Golf/Bora ect, has the throttle body on the passenger side and that goes to the air box behind the N/S headlight. My AYL 24v has the inlet in the same place but the pipe immediately does a 180' turn and runs across the top of the inlet to the air box behind the O/S headlight. So the "cold" air has to travel across the heat, into the inlet, down the inlet through more heat and back into the runners in the head through more heat before being turned into low power bangs lol. 

Hi all new to this forum, been on the corrado one, finally got back in to a golf vr6 so decided to sign up as it seems to be a great place for info.....

stripped my interior out cleaned the inside, fitted in some mk4 recaro leathers, re done the headliner in black velvet looks awsome! Deleted the pcv valve looking to install a catch can soon...  Last week got the whole exhaust system sorted new pipes and a sebring centre box with hi flow sports cat.

I've had a bit of a productive day! 5f39fc5ad485f48ad202f4f0adb20ad8.jpg

Then I fitted the new platea395e90e396c3ef33c6422b85a9013a7.jpg

I've been looking forward to getting this fitted, it was a bit of a mission as i was on my own but got there in the end.

I swapped the lock tumblers over from the old boot, so I've got a working lock, I just need to get some power to the switch and a cable to the boot and then it'll be working as VW intended.

Just a few more mods and I'm ready for the season to commence!!!! 1a6fea794c555494e53ef518a84626cf.jpg

I taxed it, cleaned it then used it for work, over 300 miles, a tank and a half of super unleaded and TBH was smiling and singing to the radio all day long!!!! That's it just been jet washed down and locked away until Early Edition! 

image.jpeg

Edited by richierich37
Add photo

Another mad weekend for me. I've been talking with dadys about Eonon androids for VWs. His pics look great! I've asked for information about how best to get the same but in a Mk3.

I was rained out last weekend before I could restore the black trim to Herman (he's green, big, and loud). So I taped him up yesterday and dyed the black back! It looks fantastic! I also gave him a good wash and polish for the first time in two months. I've not bothered for a while as I do a lot of country-side driving to get to different schools for work. He's come up well! I also added some stickers for extra bhp. My VR6 is the most fun I've had working on a car in my life. Although using matt black paint and a roller on a Corsa is up there.

I also ordered some new coolant piping to fix my heating, a rocker gasket, and a screw-extractor drill bit so I can fix the number plate lights.

Forum isn't allowing me to attach pics so here's linky-links:

GCkBowI.jpg

rUFQd6K.jpg

30 minutes ago, infilTRAITOR said:

Another mad weekend for me. I've been talking with dadys about Eonon androids for VWs. His pics look great! I've asked for information about how best to get the same but in a Mk3.

I was rained out last weekend before I could restore the black trim to Herman (he's green, big, and loud). So I taped him up yesterday and dyed the black back! It looks fantastic! I also gave him a good wash and polish for the first time in two months. I've not bothered for a while as I do a lot of country-side driving to get to different schools for work. He's come up well! I also added some stickers for extra bhp. My VR6 is the most fun I've had working on a car in my life. Although using matt black paint and a roller on a Corsa is up there.

I also ordered some new coolant piping to fix my heating, a rocker gasket, and a screw-extractor drill bit so I can fix the number plate lights.

Forum isn't allowing me to attach pics so here's linky-links:

GCkBowI.jpg

rUFQd6K.jpg

Looks nice 

Nope not at all! There r nearly new cars with hammerd arches that r rusting just to have it as low as possible, there were a handful of cars that i took an interest in, black mk3 vr6 yellow one and some 32s and corrodo's, and the paint work on the "show cars" don't even get me started on that!! Lol

Yeah, agreed with prior comments! Too old and uncool for ultimate dubs, and expect my car is way to oldskool modified for the spotty teenagers that go there in their mums car.... That they've ruined!

I must say, you're so cool to even know what vossen wheels are Ben. You didn't go did you?!

Yeah, agreed with prior comments! Too old and uncool for ultimate dubs, and expect my car is way to oldskool modified for the spotty teenagers that go there in their mums car.... That they've ruined!

I must say, you're so cool to even know what vossen wheels are Ben. You didn't go did you?!

Lol Vossen wheels are what you put on your very new (possibly leased) Audi A4 or A6 on air, also if you own a car like this you need to pay someone (probably a ridiculous amount of money) preferably with a fancy Facebook or Instagram page with many pictures of them polishing a car in a white workshop to 'detail' your car as you will utterly incapable of cleaning your own car see here ;bb37948e23d61e9b5829bf55fba587af.jpg

Oh, that's very informative, thankyou. So the only thing you own on your nice new lease car is your wheels and air suspension, which you got on the knock at £135 a month?! Do these sorts of cars have any other mods, what sort of power are they packing?!

Well I did see an RS5 badged A5 at Edition 38 last year, which for some reason sounded very similar to your 2.0 tdi Passat when it started up so not sure on that one!!

Well I did see an RS5 badged A5 at Edition 38 last year, which for some reason sounded very similar to your 2.0 tdi Passat when it started up so not sure on that one!!

But did it have a designer wing on it like bealieboy's Ben??