What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

M.O.T day !

Broken door handle so failed....

Audi handles welded in so not really a simple fix :-(

Anyhow, after taping the side repeaters to the wings, changing number plates, removing the Airbag panel light and ABS light, removing the bottom half of the drivers side dash to take out the wire with the screenwash button attached, fixing the handle witha  little welding inside, replacing a brake flex on the rear and a number plate light she sailed through ! Haha !

So I treated her to an Oil change to. 264 Milles since it's last M.O.T !

I plan to have a whole lot more miles by the trime the next one comes around.....

I upset a bmw 118d when he over took a car then I followed and took him too.

He had his mates in by the look of things.

I'm quite please as when I was at the side of him he looked really surprised haha

Then I put it in forth and left him completely

Edited by B4VR6

Well, I went over mine with a fine tooth comb so to speak.

I have a good, perhaps good is the wrong word, long sounds right, of to-dos.

* Clutch and DMF, soon-ish.

* Wishbones/balljoints

* New shocks and G max 35mm lowering springs

* New anti roll bar bushes

* New track rod ends

* New cat back exhaust

* Possibly a new intake filter

* New double din unit and fascia to replace the factory cassette 1.5 din rubbish.

* New coolant this week to replace the old/lost coolant from several coolant pipe replacements that are about to begin.

* Four new good quality tyres.

Also looking soon at re directing the intake pipe. The intake pipe from the filter to the throttle body runs across the middle of the inlet manifold and curves around at the top of the engine. So the air effectively heat soaks 3 times. Once from the filter, once down the inlet and again inside the short and long runners of the cylinder head. May not work but it gives me some messing around time. 

Certainly the natural route to go, its on my next car list as long as its in the front of a Corrado :wub:

Also thinking going the 18T route, MK1 or another Mk2 with a BAM/AMK lump, would so miss the noise though!

Or Renault 5 Turbo....just to be different

R5 turbos are going for strong money now. I fancy a mk5 R32. I'll see what happens when I get my mk3 all sorted

R5 turbos are going for strong money now. I fancy a mk5 R32. I'll see what happens when I get my mk3 all sorted

They sure are. Nearly bought one about 3 years ago before the Golf and a decent car could be had for 3k, the same car will be nearer 5k now.

Kinda missed the boat although they are still showing signs that they still appreciating.

Actually made offer on 2 mate....

Both Corrados with blowers :wub: hopefully one of them comes off.

Still waiting to hear back.

Only thing that sounds better than a VR is a VR with a blower and I really fancy another Corrado so fingers crossed.

Totally agree mate. I've just bought a mk5 gti. It was too cheap to knock back lol