What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

Upset a whole load of Northern Gumtree users & bought "old dirty" a non runner for a few bits , 96 plate , 3 door highline in black , 120K , mint interior but sadly with more holes than a sieve on the main shell.

Can of fuel , oil , WD , a battery & VAG scanner will be meeting her tonight , fingers crossed.

Should have her on the ramps by Monday to see how rotten she is , I would love to save her but I fear the worst , previous MOT Advisorys include

"002 The floor,sill and inner sill at nearside front a rusted thru.not a prescribed area."

"003 Lots of underbody etc is rusty"

One of the previous advisory from the year before

"007" Parts of the floor and sill etc at nearside front are missing and corroded,not close enough th suspension or belt mountings to fail test yet"

Fingers and toes crossed for the ramps...

Upset a whole load of Northern Gumtree users & bought "old dirty" a non runner for a few bits , 96 plate , 3 door highline in black , 120K , mint interior but sadly with more holes than a sieve on the main shell.

Can of fuel , oil , WD , a battery & VAG scanner will be meeting her tonight , fingers crossed.

Should have her on the ramps by Monday to see how rotten she is , I would love to save her but I fear the worst , previous MOT Advisorys include

"002 The floor,sill and inner sill at nearside front a rusted thru.not a prescribed area."

"003 Lots of underbody etc is rusty"

One of the previous advisory from the year before

"007" Parts of the floor and sill etc at nearside front are missing and corroded,not close enough th suspension or belt mountings to fail test yet"

Fingers and toes crossed for the ramps...

Doesn't sound too bad to me, probably a jacking point or 2 and maybe a couple of grommet holes have gone?

Doesn't sound too bad to me, probably a jacking point or 2 and maybe a couple of grommet holes have gone?

Got her running last night :lol: The previous owner had not turned her over for two years due to health troubles :o

She needs arches & sills at a glance , their is also a hole in the rear quarter panel , fingers crossed its a couple of drain holes & minimal floor plan.

Today I am at the stage of - what goes wrong next!

In the last 2 months of owning the Rado

Actually wired in the AFR meter to the ECU - it helps with the tuning now rather than looking pretty!

New ford coil pack install

New plugs

New rear 240mm discs and pads

Battery relocation to boot - this helped find the overcharging alternator 17-18 volts!

New fuel pump relay as a previous owner only used a 30 amp relay for both lifter and main pump!

Install 2nd hand alternator - 4 hours labour as the bolts had seized and it needed smashing out!

New Aux belt

4 new H7 bulbs as alternator had blown them

New ITG filter where battery was

And today

New ignition switch, which I was dreading! A previous owner had changed it and swapped bolts etc so 20 mins and done (forum posts suggested 2-3 hours) RESULT!

while I was there a new indicator/light stalk as I had to drive home the other night holding the main beam on with one hand while negotiating single lane country roads.

Next, who knows? It's just a matter of time........

I hope everyone has a great bank holiday!

S

post-87425-0-69618800-1440787657_thumb.j

post-87425-0-59339700-1440787669_thumb.j

post-87425-0-43587700-1440787680_thumb.j

Edited by ssaunders

Actually next is a remap at redline tuning in bas Vegas (Basildon) next week. Closest that do emerald and have 4x4 rolling road.

MOT and I will be making an airbox and cold feed for my new filter which I hope to post the DIY

S

Ps - Bealie your on holiday, drink beer and try to get away with looking at the birds in Cannes!

Fitted a cold air feed from lower bumper vents to my air filter (cone one). Performs better now and gets better mpg. Not that I'm bothered but same journey as before gained 6 mpg driving the same (having fun).

Oh and makes a loader roar now too.

Next on the cards is to fit my stainless Exhorst. And buy a new induction kit.

Edited by B4VR6