What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

I nearly did a 360 - probably just a 270 - on a roundabout today.

Nipping around on the inside of a two laned roundabout the back end lost grip and around we went, no warning nothing then weeeee.

Fortunately there was no one else about and we carried on.

The roads are really greasy after a few days of good weather then rain, so look out, especially if there's some diesel on the road.

Almost feel sorry for all the BMW drivers being recovered from ditches.

Isn't it quite common for a newly rebuilt engine to soak up a bit of oil while it runs in?

bottom end is original, 117k on the clock, looked fine when did the head / chains... topped it up now, will monitor situation, will do leak down test on 21st May @ Stealth.

Pete

Yeah cheers guys :) I honestly don't know what oil went in originally, and how much, so I could be faffing over nothing :) topped up now, but will do a change and put some syntha silver in when im at stealth so I know ive got some good stuff in there

As woodyman84 says' date=' If theres no leaks and not burning any oil I'd just put it down to the engine being dry for such a long time and soaking a fair bit up? top it up and see what happens i say

[/quote']

I noticed when I changed my oil after having it in bits it took more than i thought it would too.

Arrrrghhh.

Started the VR today and had the worlds biggest fuel leak! Must have at least £20'quid of fuel on the garage floor.

Thought it was the hard lines at first, but closer inspection revealed it was coming from where the hard line meets the rubber hose that attaches the the rail.

One of the clips had failed, glad it happened today and not while I was on my way stealth on Tuesday!

Good job I got some fire extinguishers last week, you can never be too cautious.