What did you do to your VR6 today?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

just a update cameras picked up a red corsa outside the yard gates driving up and down a few times all i could see was two figres in the dark brake the window and went in a couple or cars so informed the police who said they wold look into it........anyway went to tescos earlier and saw the corsa parked up looked inside and there was my stuff ...stupid ppl lol so blocked him in with my car went off and phoned the police ten mins l8r 2 ppl arrested and i get my stuff back 2morow....good times

bloody hell mate!! thats proper good going :D well done on getting your stuff back.

just a update cameras picked up a red corsa outside the yard gates driving up and down a few times all i could see was two figres in the dark brake the window and went in a couple or cars so informed the police who said they wold look into it........anyway went to tescos earlier and saw the corsa parked up looked inside and there was my stuff ...stupid ppl lol so blocked him in with my car went off and phoned the police ten mins l8r 2 ppl arrested and i get my stuff back 2morow....good times

bloody hell mate!! thats proper good going :D well done on getting your stuff back.

that was a touch...

Nice work barry' date=' looks alot better now!

Been measuring up for a new fuel tank, not even driven it since the weekend, poor neglected vr.. :-(

[/quote']

Mine's been off the road since 12pm sunday. Hopefully remove gearbox and replace with mine tomoz.

No broken fingers this time.

Removed drieshafts and took gearbox off the car.

Suspicions confirmed, input shaft bearing is FUBAR'd. Their is about 5mm of play/wobble at the spline.

Turning the spline creates a click that can be heard and felt every 3rd of a turn.... grinding noise explained.

Other gearbox on tomorrow and fingers crossed all will be well.

cheers .....i know couldnt belive it myself, i thought nah this cant be lol...and turns out after further investigation the same car was spotted further back in the month jumping our fence and stealing our scrap metal and cats and also our red diesel. so there in a lot of trouble

Removed drieshafts and took gearbox off the car.

Suspicions confirmed' date=' input shaft bearing is FUBAR'd. Their is about 5mm of play/wobble at the spline.

Turning the spline creates a click that can be heard and felt every 3rd of a turn.... grinding noise explained.

Other gearbox on tomorrow and fingers crossed all will be well.

[/quote']

hope it goes ok mate and your fingers survive the change over :-)

just back from the Pre MOT check ... & apart from bearing seazed in front shocks & n/s track rod end 7 obligatory new pads & discs she's good to go !! Flew through through emmisons not bad for 15 yr old car... i've had younger and worse cars ! my dreaded past of a blue oval ...(bestwe don't talk about that...i've seen the light and it's VW ...

i took a qwik fit free brake check and was told all 4 discs were warped

Question is do you believe them ?? .... What are you going to do about it ?

I prefer to do my own home mechanics for peace of mind, i like to know what's what and have less chance of being bullsh*ted when it comes time for services or MOT...

I bet every car that goes in there today will have warped discs , then tomorrow brake pads that only have about 1 mile left but seeing as your there now they may as well change them for you , then on monday tyres that are just starting to wear on the inside edges and a full wheel alignment is needed !

They only care about how much ya gonna spend !

I bet every car that goes in there today will have warped discs ' date=' then tomorrow brake pads that only have about 1 mile left but seeing as your there now they may as well change them for you , then on monday tyres that are just starting to wear on the inside edges and a full wheel alignment is needed !

They only care about how much ya gonna spend !

[/quote']

Funny that init ! lol