What did you do to your VR6 today?

Good news 'Hairy', it seems it was a false alarm. fumes were colourless, and pull was ok for 24 degrees air temp. ( paranoia is a terrible thing ) though it might just be down to the fresh 10W-40 shell helix I topped her up with... :) thanks for the good wishes..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolted a Rotrex supercharger to it! It's a long story which involves me getting very annoyed with the VF charger leaking oil after waiting 2 months for a belt, fellow member D11PS being a good salesm

Been a bit quiet lately, so thought I'd change that and then this happened!

Because US spec front bumper! Thanks to Bennyk and star street garage for the superfluous job of painting my shtuff, can't wait to display the tailgate to all, it's a work of art!!!!

Posted Images

Good news 'Hairy'' date=' it seems it was a false alarm. fumes were colourless, and pull was ok for 24 degrees air temp. ( paranoia is a terrible thing ) though it might just be down to the fresh 10W-40 shell helix I topped her up with... :) thanks for the good wishes..

[/quote']

Nice one! You must be chuffed.

Button didn't win but you can't have it all I guess :)

ma vr had new chains and guides and a new clutch and rear main oil seal 2day.........by 2morow it will have a new ball joint, cv boot, wishbone and all new wishbone bushes...and 2 front wheel bearings new battery aswell and a oilchange and new oil filter ....quite alot but as clutch needed doing and the engines on 100k thought id do everything that needed doin

dj

I did my oil change, finally after getting the right filter.... tried to lift my suspension but cant get a bloody jack under it anywhere, so need to find someone with a ramp or try getting some blocks of wood and try again!! lol

i managed to nearly hit a lorry up the arse when he locked up behind a car.... smoke comin off all his wheels n everythin.... glad i have brembos... ;)

Then i got locked in a car park, had to bump it up the curb, through two bollards and off the other side (quite a challenge with mine as low as it is)

Then i neary hit a fox that ran out infront of me and had a race with my mate in his new vr, to then have blue flashin lights on half a mile later.... did i s**t myself or what.... but luckily not after us... PHEW!!!

It was all goin on yesterday i can tell ya!!! :) :) :)

i have been awating a call from garage ,got one and it was rubbish thought had hole in exhaust oooh noooo changed leads still lumpy changed plugs still lumpy changed coil pack vr no much much better only i dont have the ££££ to pay for it yet how crap is that

Erm, just about to take her for a spin now... BTW is there a glossary for this site, just to help newbies & mechanically challenged blokes like me get a headstart with some of the slang / abbreviations ? cheers... ( some of it's more obvious than others ) :)