Bonrath power pipe help please!

Some one please help have been looking for ages and can not find one for sale anywhere. Will be looking to get neuspeed inductionkit with carbon heat sheild and a bonarth power pipe. Will be getting the induction kit from neuspeed but cannot find bonarth power pipe anywhere somenody please help here.

got to be honest i had one on my standard vr and it just kept comming off, the rubber joiner and clips supplied where not good at all . from bonrath too.

get one made and wrap it real good (fannimold wrap) and you will do better. the positioning of them means they get real hot. my original plastic one used to go all soft and plyable after a good run.

hope this helps.

I made up my own "power" pipe, all parts sourced off Ebay.

First, 90 degree Alloy pipe with sensor inlet built in.

Pipe90deg400.jpg

Second, 1 x 90 degree silicone hose (76mm id), 1 x 45 degree silicone hose (76mm id) and 1 x 135 degree silicone hose (19mm id), this piece is attached to the sensor inlet on alloy pipe, the other end attached to breather inlet.

Hose.jpg

Above parts should resemble below when put together.

airintake002.jpg

BEWARE: When you install in engine bay, it will be a bit of trial and error. You will need to trim down each angle piece of silicone to fit the throttle body and MAF ends at the correct angles. From my experience take your time and trim a bit off at a time. Best thing to do is lay the assembled alloy pipe and silicone angles on top of existing intake pipe, then gauge roughly where you need to trim back.

The finished result....

Jacket003.jpg

I found using silicone hose to attach to the Throttle body and MAF to be perfect. Secured tightly with good clips there is no slipping or movement of the pipe.

:-p

• 2 weeks later...

buy the parts and build it mate, i was gunna get an alloy maf to filter tube made up when i put the filter in the bumper, but instead i got some straight tube and a couple of silicon bits and ay wullah filter relocated to behind front bumper

There are 10 on ebay right now for £45 incl postage from germany! Original bonrath. Will post a link shortly.

EDIT Link to ebay........ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/082552-Bonrath-Powerrohr-VW-all-VR6-Golf-MK3_W0QQitemZ220446037375QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33539b957f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200 Tempted to get one for myself but don't really wanna spend on the car at the mo :(

yea think thats the one seems to have a valve on it and oil around it. So in which case i could just have a bit of silicone pipe going from my maf to throttle body then cut pipe and put breather fillter on or oil catch tank. is this correct.