Ebay dodgy lights!

I bought a pair of Hella lights recently for £170 + £20 delivery. I received them broken. I started a dispute on paypal with the seller. The seller blames the courier and refused the refund. On 13/05/2009 he says that the courier will come and have a look at the damaged goods and then the refund will be sorted, however, the courier will take between 7-10 working days. The 7th working day will be tomorrow (22/05/2009) with the 10th working day being next wednesday (27/05/2009).

Anyway 27/05/2009 is the deadline from which i can escalate the dispute into a claim. So im planning on giving it until next monday (25/05/2009) and then ringing up paypal directly so they can escalate the case. This the best way to go about it? anybody know the chances of me getting my money back as i haven't done this before.

i had damaed good before and did a dipute thru paypal the seller said it wasnt his fault even though i sent the goods back to them. GGot my money back except the postage. I would escalate it personally i did

Well I think my insurance claim is on it's third month, did not even think about a paypal dispute as the seller was really helpfull, on the dumb side it seems I have deleted all the emails he sent me and can't seem to remember his user name. The wait continues........

EDIT: Just did a search on my paypal acc and got selelrs details, he is going to chase it up, fingers crossed +

thats a bastard mate...

i had some one put a paypal claim in for somethin i sent that went missing once so i lost the product and he had his money back... was a case for royal mail imo

Did you keep the receipt as that way you could win the dispute??

thats a bastard mate...

i had some one put a paypal claim in for somethin i sent that went missing once so i lost the product and he had his money back... was a case for royal mail imo

Did you keep the receipt as that way you could win the dispute??

yea i sent paypal the barcode from the proof of postage, which when i checked did say 'unconfirmed' so looked like it was lost.... but surley the guy should clame from royal mail...instead he got money back off me!! luckily item only worth 20 quid....but still

If you don't have proof of postage then you will always lose. But because you did have proof of potage, it's your job to claim off royal mail not the buyers.

Anyway, i received a letter from parcel force today regarding the lights. They attatched a questionnaire which they want me to fill in and send back to them so that they can investigate and make a decision on whether it was their fault or the sellers packaging.

So, obviously i was peedoff bcuz this investigation would clearly go past the deadline for which i could escalate the case to a claim. So i rang ebay, told them what happened, and within 10 mintues, they said they will reimburse me the full amount because im a valued customer and i can do whatever i like with the lights :). It seems too good to be true. They also said they will automatically close the case with paypal once they have reimbursed.

Ebays not too bad after all huh!