Standard sound system in a 1998 mk3 Golf vr6

Yes they are 6,5 inch. Don't change the teetw=ers on the rear as they are good. Yoy also have two tweeters on the front dash and I have always found them sufficient unless you would like to damage your ear drums! lol. ALPINE is very good stuff!

Also' date=' is it easy to install new ones by myself or should I have a pro do it?

Will I need to remove the entire door panels?

[/quote']

Do you have a mk3 vr6 or a mk4, if mk3 then the covers pop out using a screw driver, 4 screws holding the spekers onto the door. You might need converter plugs for the new speakers as vw have special plugs, last resort would be to cut them but I would not recommend that.

Actually I am picking the car up in 7 days from now.

I will do a report and post pics after I get it.

Of course I have seen it and testdriven it and I can say that it is pretty spotless inside and out, and has only 35k miles on the clock (Japanese dont tend to drive their cars much!).

The reason why I haven't actually got the car in my possession yet is because in Japan when you buy a used car, it takes around 2 weeks to sort all the paperwork out etc. Its a pain in the arse, cos I bought the car last week and the wait is killing me! This is my first vr6 as well.

Also' date=' is it easy to install new ones by myself or should I have a pro do it?

Will I need to remove the entire door panels?

[/quote']

Do you have a mk3 vr6 or a mk4, if mk3 then the covers pop out using a screw driver, 4 screws holding the spekers onto the door. You might need converter plugs for the new speakers as vw have special plugs, last resort would be to cut them but I would not recommend that.

It is a 1998 mk3. So do you reckon I am going to need those converter plugs? I have decided on Alpine speakers by the way.

Thanks for all your great help, its very kind.

As for the VW scene in Japan, I am not too sure yet. I am hoping there is a club I can join at least.

Thanks Calico

Yes I will want to listen to music loudly. But I wont be buying a subwoofer.

So I will need a decent amp which will be able to power 4 Alpine speakers and the standard VW tweeters.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Yeh alpine is the best for sound IMO. Get a alpine component kit (type-r is pretty good, type x cost too much). If your not going to get a sub, then get some alpine type s 6x9's (3-way).

Get a Alpine amp, and amp the compnenet kit and the 6x9's while the headunit will powers the rear speakers.

Sound will be bang on! That is what im doing soon.

After replacing all of the standard speakers in my 1997 Golf I think the standard speakers AND the tweeters are total rubbish. But I expect this may be down to them being 12 years old :)

What did you replace it all with spoonman2?

Did you replace all 4 speakers and also buy an amp?

Did you do the install by yourself?

Im wondering whether to just have 2 front speakers and of those under the seat subs made by Pioneer which has a built in amp. (TS-WX11A)

I replaced the WHOLE system in mine with Alpine Type R stuff along with 2x12" Type R subs and 2 Alpine Amps (1 4 channel and 1 mono for the subs) Sound is out of this world!!!

Turn it up and the windows, mirrors and rear number plate holder shakes like theres no tommorow!

1st track on Dr. Dre - 2001 sounds like a fappin earthquake!!!!

the front teewters are not upto it JL audio make very good amps i'm running a Genesis p300x 5 channel running cheap Kenwood tweeters in the dash sound quality is very good i was running an SPLX 800 watt 4 channel while my other one was being fixed that sounded very good cost me £30 second hand