cool' date=' I'm forever wondering if it's polish then wax or wax then polish

[/quote']

LOL....I think ive only seen you once clean a car in about 4 yrs!!!!!

And its always polish then wax....wax is a sealant....even I now that and my car gets washed 6 times a year id say

• 4 weeks later...

What's that then' date=' Nat? You mean having one bucket to rinse off the sponge / mitt and one for what you are about to wash car with?

[/quote']

Yeah you start with one bucket full of clean water and one with soapy water, then each time you have soaped the car you rinse the songe first before putting it back in the soapy water, stops you putting grit and dirt into the soap.... at the end if you have done it right you will end up with one empty bucket and one filthy bucket.... simples :) :)

My question is where does the machine polisher fit into the above ???

At the polishing stage before the waxing..... bu i would set aside one day for cleaning and machine polishing and then another day for waxing and detailing windows, trims and wheels etc.... machining takes a looong time!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

My question is where does the machine polisher fit into the above ???

The machine polisher is the polishing stage' date=' that guide looks as though it was written with respect to the Sonus SFX Polishes as they are named similar to the 3 polishing stages.

The key is always to start with the least aggressive polish and use a more aggressive one if need be rather than going for a deep cut first.

I dont rate the snow foam I like the 2 bucket to start as I like to get up close and personal lol ........ plus I cant be arsed setting up my jet wash i think maggies gold 2 bucket plus it smells awesome lol

I always use the snow foam and lance as it is a good way to soften/ loosen the heavy dirt sticking to the car, then follow it up with thoughly rinsing with the jet wash, that way there is less risk of dragging dirt across the paint and marring the finish.