Remap - any reccomendations around West Yorkshire ?

hi, im wanting a remap now Ive got my induction kit n de-cat fitted, does any body have any good recommendations around west yorkshire / yorkshire / lancashire area ? ive heard good things of stealth racing but they're a fair trek away, some one closer would be great.

also what power gains would i be likely to see ? is it even worth doin if ive only got a induction kit n de-cat ? im after an exhaust soon aswell would i be best remapping it after ive had the exhaust fitted ?

any advice would be great guys

Yeah well worth the trip to Stealth mate but as Marc says not really needed until you start making a few more engine changes - although if you want to get it chipped at the same time then give Vince at Stealth a call and see what he can offer you :)

don't mean to sound daft, ive come from the carb mini world so im still gettin to grips with ECU's. What is the difference between a re-map and having it chipped ?

ive currently got induction kit and de-cat, pretty soon ill be gettin a cat back stainless system if this effects my chipping/re-mapping choices ?

you can buy a chip such as a superchip etc which is basically a plug and play thing it fits into the ECU and off you go :) it has a generic map on it designed for a VR6 but is no where near as good as a re-map which should be done "live" on a rolling road and they should be able to improve the car a fair bit but only as said above when you start adding things like cams, 6 branch etc with your mods you will prob be ok running it as it is - the standard ECU will be able to cope :)

ahh i see, well im far off gettin cam's but ill be after a 6 branch soon as money allows, think ill leave the re-map for now then. just out of interest, what sorta money am i looking at for a set of cam's ? also what profile do you guy's run ? i'de presume summit pretty mild ? around 268 ish ?

thanks again

cheers guys

ahh right :) ill have to get some brass set aside for that then, what sort of price figure are cam's for a VR ? again im from the horrid mini scene who happen to be lucky enough to get a full cam set for around £100........im sure we VR owners won't be so lucky lol

Yeah well worth the trip to Stealth mate but as Marc says not really needed until you start making a few more engine changes - although if you want to get it chipped at the same time then give Vince at Stealth a call and see what he can offer you :)

don't mean to sound daft' date=' ive come from the carb mini world so im still gettin to grips with ECU's. What is the difference between a re-map and having it chipped ?

[/quote']

I miss putting oil in the old SU carbs, never forget that smell. I would do anything to get my mini back then drop the VR6 lump in in!!!!