Rim dillema!! advice needed!?!?

Good morning fellaz...

I'm abit stuck at the mo, im looking to order these:

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/packages/width-selection.html?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=schmidt_modern-line_1pc_16_hs;manufacturer=schmidt;model=574;size=16;additional=

I'm not sure what set-up to go for?!?! its either 9.0" WIDE ALL ROUND or 7.5" WIDE FRONT / 9.0" WIDE REAR??? I heard that 9s all round will give cr4p handling!! and mess up my turning circle,

Has any one had any experience with this??

I'm getting my arches rolled/stretched and flared and was gona get the rims so the body shop can work the arches around them.

Thanks for you help.

H

I think 9" all round would look cool as the rims would look even front to rear, but saying that the front track is wider on the MK3 so by having 9" rears and 7.5 up front would make the car sit better and look better even though the front rims would be less than the rears. Merc BMW and Porsche to name a few do have staggered wheel sizes front to rear and they all look right to me.

DSC00918.jpg

Mine on 9s all round

Yes but though the rims look nice and deep the front one stick out furture than the rear wheels do, that is the thing I didn't like with my VR, the wider front track needs thinner wheels or the rears needed spacers fitted.

I like the wider fronts but not the track, I had 4 rear D90's on my old VR even with the annoying track issue, just liked the wider rims, the narrow front D90's always looked crap IMO compared to the the wider rears.

the dishes dont seem to be very wide or any wider on teh 9's in that style? in that case i would go for 7.5s up front, wont be able to tell much...

altho cant see it effecting handling too much...so upto you

No spacers on those wheels.......ET 20 should be fine' date=' just depends on how much dish on wheel. My comp MO are ET 20 and line up level with bodywork

[/quote']

cool.. no dish mate, im getting these http://www.rimstyle.com/products/packages/width-selection.html?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=schmidt_modern-line_1pc_16_hs;manufacturer=schmidt;model=574;size=16;additional=

cheers

H