Mk4 v6 4mo haldex setup to fit a mk2? Has/can it be done?

Looking at converting my mk2 to 4wd and have been offered a setup from a v6 4mo for pennies... Now apart from the obvious (floorpan, etc) will the rest bolt up easily enough? Has anyone done it? I know the mk3 syncro and rallye setup bolts up, but not too sure if anyone has done the mk4 route on their mk2...any help will be much appreciated!

MK4 rear subframe/arms/hubs dont fit easily into the mk2.

Best approach is to modify a MK2 4wd rear beam to accpet the rear diff from the MK4.

Cheers matt for the quick reply...what if i was able to get hold of a 1.8 syncro mk2 rear beam...would that be ok to use?

looks like its possible but with 1/2ton of metal added' date=' most of it welding wire , i`d go with the tried and tested mk2 rear frame converted to haldex

[/quote']

LOL he is a nutter... personal i think its great. especially his welded drive shafts :S

storm have a haldex mk2 r36 running dont they? give em a call

No John its a Syncro' date=' no need for Haldex as its still only N/A, amazing car though!

[/quote']

ah ok whats the mental charged 3.6 in then?

ps you got that answer for me yet mate ;)

Here is a cheap enough kit Patrick http://www.dutchbuild.com/product_info.php?cPath=17_50&products_id=29

When fitting an 02M gearbox into a mk2/3 shell you need an 02M gearbox mount and modify an 02A front engine mount DB used to sell them already modified making it an easier way to convert over, The subframe needs to be modded by moving the gearbox flange forward by roughly 10/12mm (to clear the subframe mounts)

O2M3-3.jpg

O2M4-4.jpg