vr6 polo???

its probably been asked a million times but i didnt find nothing really conclusive using the search.

Anyway i've thought about vr6 convertable but the cost of buying a usable convertable then insurance for my bird puts that out of my reach however will a vr6 engine go into a polo? im looking at an n-reg (mk3 i beleive. not g40 shape) and hoping its just a case of similar job to putting it in a mk2.

if im way off the mark here please tell me or if anyone knows anytthing or of a vr6 polo owner i can talk to please pass my details on.

in the Golf mag a few years back there was a picture from a German show of a mk3 Polo with a VR6 in the front

so it's possible, but i'd think the sump would be very close to the ground

plus the front suspension on mk3 Polo's (& mk1 & mk2) is rubbish

would be a LOT of work

mk4 Polo (6N) would be far easier

a diesel could be a good starting point.... they have "big block" engines were as the petrol car's use "small block" engines that can trace their history back to the Audi 50's 900cc engine

mk4 Polo saloon would be even better....... they use the same front end as the Caddy van & are very similar to mk3 Golf subframe & suspension wise

I recall a loony lithuanian putting one into a Lupo!

yeah isn't there a twin vr6 engined lupo as well ?? will see if I can dig out the build thread

Twin R32 it was, one dub, one audi , I heard he had turbo'd them now aswell

yeah isn't there a twin vr6 engined lupo as well ?? will see if I can dig out the build thread

Twin R32 it was' date=' one dub, one audi , I heard he had turbo'd them now aswell

[/quote']

good memory mate :) amazing build thread http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69918

Twin R32 it was' date=' one dub, one audi , I heard he had turbo'd them now aswell

[/quote']

pretty sure its twin 2.8 v6 engines,,,,

the guy from Dubsport did one years ago' date=' Ian someone or other, a black one, and was in a few mags too

[/quote']

Ian Birch

reg was "P1 LET" i think

it's still on the go...... someone on ClubPolo spotted it a while back in Asda/Tesco carpark

i remember that one i found it a couple of weeks ago' date=' it was white with twin r32, and was a f***ing animal, but looked stock from the outside

[/quote']

this is got to be it... twin 2.8 V6 engines... and its whhite... doubt theres another one

• 2 weeks later...

the guy from Dubsport did one years ago' date=' Ian someone or other, a black one, and was in a few mags too

[/quote']

Ian Birch

reg was "P1 LET" i think

it's still on the go...... someone on ClubPolo spotted it a while back in Asda/Tesco carpark

thats the one. still got the mag somewhere in the loft, i'll have a look and scan it in if i find it =)

judging by the amount of work involved what with widening the front chassis i think its gunna be a little bit beyond what i can do and seriously doubt i could afford to get that kind of work done. hmmmm was a nice idea though.

and i suppose a fwd r32 in a lupo is out of the question also lol

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...