im planning a clean day and need some advice

Just bought some wire wool from b&q, was a pack of 3, course medium and fine, medium and fine are the two lowest grades there was, am i right in using the medium and fine grades? (for the wheels and rocker) btw my wheels are laquered is it ok to do the wire wool thing?

Guest Nero1701

kie-dub - sign up on detailing world, very useful and discounts on gear, but you will be embarking on a very slippery slope as I did and so probably did Roan as ive seen him on there, you will spend a fortune, buying new gear and products, just trying to beat how shiney you got your car last time you had a big detail day. Most peeps on detailing world start off buying a wax and a wash mitt, then 3 months on find they have enough gear to start a business in detailing hahaha

I know this feeling very well!!!!!!!

Is that cheap? 20 quid including postage?

By the way, Cleaned the car again today!

rinsed, washed with zymol auto wash, rinsed, dried with chammy leather, washed door shuts and surrounds, boot shuts, engine internal wings.

Then cleaned inside, hoovered cleaned dash and glass with autoglyn window stuff

Then attacked the engine bay, just wiped everything down as it was covered with salt from the winter, used autosol and wire wool on the rocker cover and atp style turbo pipework as this pipework was rusty! cleaned it up and it got rid of the rust and gave it a little bit of shine but need a new one making out of stainless steel.

Dressed the trim with turte wax black in a flash

then used megs NXT gen wax (cant remember exact name) and went over with a microfibre cloth

Took 4 hours and didnt do everything but i am happy with the results! :D

Is that cheap? 20 quid including postage?

By the way' date=' Cleaned the car again today!

rinsed, washed with zymol auto wash, rinsed, dried with chammy leather, washed door shuts and surrounds, boot shuts, engine internal wings.

Then cleaned inside, hoovered cleaned dash and glass with autoglyn window stuff

Then attacked the engine bay, just wiped everything down as it was covered with salt from the winter, used autosol and wire wool on the rocker cover and atp style turbo pipework as this pipework was rusty! cleaned it up and it got rid of the rust and gave it a little bit of shine but need a new one making out of stainless steel.

Dressed the trim with turte wax black in a flash

then used megs NXT gen wax (cant remember exact name) and went over with a microfibre cloth

Took 4 hours and didnt do everything but i am happy with the results! :D

[/quote']

Post some pics mate

with 2 clay bars? a cloth? 4 oz polish and quick detail?

take a look, not sure if there is two bars of clay cant tell with the pic. Its gone up 2 quid since i last looked. Halfords are doing 3 for 2 so if you do it alot id buy 3 clay kits for like 50 quid

this is problably obvious but im new to all this car cleaning. ive bought all othe megs 3 step and the nxt tech wax etc. but how long do you leave between each step? is it ok to finish one polish and start another coat straight away? thanks

Do as it says on the bottle but as a general rule

Paint sealents and glazes - apply, leave to haze, buff off, leave for 20 min before next step

Wax/carnuba - apply, leave to haze until it will swipe cleanly with your finger, buff off, leave for at least an hour before the next coat

Your always better off doing two very thin coats, it covers better, is easier to buff and leaves a deeper finish

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...