Is the vrt gunna go boom! soon? :s

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers jim! :D lol, now i am poo-ing it :( just going to take my time until i get it sorted. Ive found oil slowly seeping from a joint in the engine il try and get a pic up 2night of it. I think its between the block and bottom end but i aint a mecanic and not sure if thats the right sections

You need to to this:

Get your AFR measured. That is priority nr1 !

A tuning company should have this.

Or buy one: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=AVM%2D30%2D4100&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Then you see how rich or lean it runs.

Then use VAG COM to see if you have any bad sensors. Delete all faults and check again.

Then, you need to check your intercooling piping. Pressure test it. 25 psi

I had a intercooler leak last summer, and the car ran like shit some times. I couldt find the problem, but after a pressure test we found it. I had a bad cam sensor as well. Car didnt have the power It used to.

But with all this fixed, it was running perfect again.

Good luck.

cheers maiden,

right i have took some pictures of were i have seen oil seeping from i will upload them shortly.

just put my foot down on the way home and couldnt see any smoke as i didnt have anyone to look yet. when i stopped at the lights, it idles crap, where its ment to be at 800rpm on tick over it goes 800-600-800-600 etc then every so often drops down to 400 and picks back up before it cuts out

sounds like a air leak somewhere after the MAF to me mate.

Had it a few time on N/A motors causing them to hunt

Could also be MAF senser

tbf i can imagine owning a VRT and not been a mechanic or self taught been a complete nightmare

This is the way you will learn anyway

have you checked the compressor outlet for oil yet?

Could also be MAF senser

tbf i can imagine owning a VRT and not been a mechanic or self taught been a complete nightmare

yes bodge it is a nightmare and very expensive because i have to pay other people to do things! i need some lessons lol!

the compressor outlet for oil?? :s

i have just put a pic up of where i have seen oil leaking from

going to clean the air filter asap aswel as it needs a clean, any ideas of whats best to clean them with? i dont know anybody local who has vagcom and dont fancy paying hundreds for it as i dont have the spare cash at the mo due to holidays.

What do you lot think it could be then with the info i have put so far? still not done everything

Could also be MAF senser

yes bodge it is a nightmare and very expensive because i have to pay other people to do things! i need some lessons lol!

going to clean the air filter asap aswel as it needs a clean' date=' any ideas of whats best to clean them with? i dont know anybody local who has vagcom and dont fancy paying hundreds for it as i dont have the spare cash at the mo due to holidays.

What do you lot think it could be then with the info i have put so far? still not done everything

[/quote']

No one can say for sure dude sorry. your head gasket does seem to be leaking a bit (common place) but isn't nesseraly a big problem.

Most garages will vag.com for £30-40

or you can get it off ebay for about £20 if you got a laptop

You could have more than one problem

don't think anyone will be able to say change this and it will be fixed. needs looking at

Could also be MAF senser

going to clean the air filter asap aswel as it needs a clean' date=' any ideas of whats best to clean them with? i dont know anybody local who has vagcom and dont fancy paying hundreds for it as i dont have the spare cash at the mo due to holidays.

[/quote']

No one can say for sure dude sorry. your head gasket does seem to be leaking a bit (common place) but isn't nesseraly a big problem.

Most garages will vag.com for £30-40

or you can get it off ebay for about £20 if you got a laptop

You could have more than one problem

don't think anyone will be able to say change this and it will be fixed. needs looking at

20 quid off ebay? i thought it was hundreds. yeh i av got a laptop

yeh i think that that is the best way innit, dave being dlea? and i bet you guys know alot about fi vr6's aswell so might be able to get down to the bottom of it. btw i was just wondering, my wastegaste/bleed valve is set to about 12 psi at the min i used to run it at 15-17 but turned it down abit, If i floor it in say 2nd so i am getting mostly grip then come off the revs abit to let the traction catch up if you know what i mean could this make the car buck with the wastegate being half open half closed?