Is the vrt gunna go boom! soon? :s

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive looked at the coil pack it looks fine, the colour of the smoke.... it looks like when oyu drive down a dusty road so its like greyish id say, i put my foot down last night had the car at low boost and it didnt play up with the cutting power :s but still kicking smoke out and still idle-ing like a bag of poo poo. one of my mates has a compression tester but i dont trust him with my cars due to past experiences, so going to have to pay a garage to do it

Are the 2 plugs that are sooty' date=' damaged in anyway?

[/quote']

Not to my knowledge no, i was having problems finding the right plugs and got told which ones to put in on here and fitted them but then i got told they need gapping down so when it came to removing them the two on the right (top and bottom) where black, so i just cleaned them up.

we will get u in if u are late gotter b before dark fella

Yeah i cant see it being after dark, all it is is my gf keeps nagging to come to the shows but i keep making excuses but i have run out now lol so gotta bring her! she finishes work about 2ish so will be coming straight from there, 3 hour drive, itll be tight! mind you, have more minutes of daylight by then lol! ill just have an empty bottle incase i need a number 1 so i dont need stop at services lol

Plugs - I went through a shitload of different types' date=' NGK 7s, Bosch etc as mine only gets about 500 miles out of a set.

In the end I'm running copper Bosch Super 4 8-something-or-others. I have the boxes in the garage, will have a look.

[/quote']

Cheers, have you got a vr6turbo in it though as the plugs will be diffrent?

thanks premium, ano that statement is very true i have had a few trys at diffrent plugs that people have recommended and none have come up great yet, trial and error i suppose. The people who said they where able to take a look at my car at the weekend at spring fest does this still stand?? :)

UPDATE: had the pipeoff that goes over the engine from the turbo down to the intercooler and found a little bit of oil in the turbo and the pipe itself. Could this have something to do with the problems?and why is oil in there surely it shouldnt :s

Didnt want to start another thread about moaning that my car is running crap again lol so using this. As has happened before but not to the same extreme, the vrt is running crap, Idling badly, really lumpy and hunting for revs on tick over. i have read this in previous threads but cant remember what to do. Is it to clean the maf and air filter? if so can someone give me some guidence of the best ways to do it and maybe label the parts i need to remove to clean the maf :D? Also is there anything else i should do to make it run better? it has only started running crap today. Ta very much in advance