GaVR6ins Corrado thread (updated Jul 2010

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well today and yesterday I have replaced the left hand side ball joint and wish bone. Now all I need to do is sort the central locking out so I can get some petrol to take it to the garage and have them change the fly wheel, still it was nice to hear the roar again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Carrado has now had a new fly wheel and a second new clutch' date=' I shall be fitting a new door handle and central locking pump over the weekend. Arrhhhhh corrados dont you just love um

[/quote']

Err yea thats why we got them................wouldnt have it any other way..................gav if it was easy everyone would be doing it, just keep the faith.............. :-d

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have an update about my VR, the gear box is back after being stripped and no fault was found what so ever, I have just spoken to the garage and they have ordered a new gear box mount, a new genuine clutch and a clutch release arm, and they are going to replace the cv boot kit too. So if all that gets done and it still does it I will probably shoot myself, but if the parts arrive It does mean I will have it for billing, so fingers crossed dudes and dudettes :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was sent a link to your build thread and I'm very glad I was. She's a beauty mate. What colour code is yours? Looks very similar to mine' date=' mines LC5L Mystic Blue (Storm Blue as you prob would know)

[/quote']

Sorry mate was on holiday, only just seen this, thanks dude, not sure what the code is but I do know it is called aqua blue pearl. Sweet raddo you have aswell mate.

Well here is an update for you all, I have had the car back about week or so now and it cost me £150 in the end, that was for a gear box strip and rebuild, a genuine clutch, new gearbox mount, clutch arm all fitted, but there was a lot of shouting and stuff but after them having my car for 10 weeks and all through the summer they deserved it. But being up and down on a ramp the bushes went in the drivers side wishbone. So I replaced the wish bone ball joint anti roll bar linkage and the outer cv boot kit yesterday all by myself, easy to some but I was happy. It had a full service with new leads aswell, and the tracking done. I have also replaced the front splitter for a new black one and a standard grill instead of the eyebrow. So I will say this very quitely but it is running like a dream at the moment touch wood fingers crossed. so to bore you all the end. :)