Well a 07 Mitsibushi L200 made light work of the driver side of my fourth daughter. Sold a few bits and pieces on here and e-bay. But a local pensioner gave me a ring today a little lady I know who has a 1991 J reg Mk2 golf driver covered 67000 her family has owned it from new and it has had 2 owners. I have got this car at a bargain price. ;) FREE :o.

My head gasket blew in january this year so I got a reconditioned head and cams on there and gave everything a good clean inside. Since then she was running sweet as a nut.

I have decided to attempt a conversion so I can have the best looking VW shell ever made with the best VW engine ever made. I believe this is going to be a timely little adventure so I have just baught a 1997 renault megane 1.6 16v sport insurance drop from £110/month 3rd party to £40/month fully comp. Also looking forward to 45+mpg.

So in losing my VR and gaining a mk2 for free it was a sign.

So If anyone has any insight or experience in doing this sort of conversion or even the start of a shopping list for me keep me posted on here with links info anything will be appreciated.

Heres a few pics of disaster, I stopped he hit me head on and just carried on going up the side of me. Pushed me through a hedge lol.

100_1499

tried to upload some pics but its driving me nuts now so i give up lol cant use insert image properly so tried to attach files and it says errors with uploader