[poll] Do you wave?

At heart, I'm a Mini driver and so feel compelled to wave at fellow Mini owners. I managed to stop this habit since driving other cars (mainly ones I don't care to be associated with) However, since getting my VR6, I'm starting to spot other VR6s about. Now the social etiquette dilema... do VR6 drivers wave to each other? If I was talking to Mini owners, 99.5% would wave. How much of a 'club' is it, just owning a VR6?

well seeing as i aint been in my vr for a very long time i aint waved or been waved at lol ... only normaly wave a peeps i know but mind u do get alot of other hand signals lol ....

hahah yeah and i get people mouthing words at me lol.

I don't wave (unless its fanny lol) but i nod and put my thumb up or flash to other modiflyed VWs, bugs mk2s 1s ect and they all nod smile wave back

If they do then I do otherwise i dont....but do stare at the other car as it goes by tho.......they might think i'm a weirdo tho!!!!

not to far from the truth ah craig ... :-p

LOL.....says the man who drives a hairdressers car ;) .....me weird ha ha ha

ah yes well erm ... i with draw my eailer statment and craig is an essential part of our community.... :)

If they do then I do otherwise i dont....but do stare at the other car as it goes by tho.......they might think i'm a weirdo tho!!!!

not to far from the truth ah craig ... :-p

LOL.....says the man who drives a hairdressers car ;) .....me weird ha ha ha

ah yes well erm ... i with draw my eailer statment and craig is an essential part of our community.... :)

LOL HA HA HA HA HA.....funny

problem is spotting them at speed ;-) I've purposly moved my front VR badge to the offside so it's easier to spot in traffic.

I like that - a very subtle way to show off it's a VR6... when you don't have a nice clear stretch of road to open the throttle.

well it made sense to me as that's the effect it has where it's placed by VW in Johnny Foreigner land

I tend to adopt a similar 'weirdo' stance, like Craig......i make it obvious that i'm checking the car out and if they react as though they are appreciating mine too then i'll give 'em a nod or thumbs up.

I have it a couple of times though, where i do this and the other driver has just looked blankly at me and not even responded! That was with stock cars though, so they were probably not proper enthusiasts.

I tend to adopt a similar 'weirdo' stance' date=' like Craig......i make it obvious that i'm checking the car out and if they react as though they are appreciating mine too then i'll give 'em a nod or thumbs up.

I have it a couple of times though, where i do this and the other driver has just looked blankly at me and not even responded! That was with stock cars though, so they were probably not proper enthusiasts.

[/quote']

Lol me 3!

Only problem round my way is its full of chavs so i usually end up receiving other hand gestures! Having said that its better then giving them a nod or thumbs up - then you're just lining yourself up for a stabbing!

well seeing as i aint been in my vr for a very long time i aint waved or been waved at lol ... only normaly wave a peeps i know but mind u do get alot of other hand signals lol ....

I don't wave (unless its fanny lol) but i nod and put my thumb up or flash to other modiflyed VWs' date=' bugs mk2s 1s ect and they all nod smile wave back

[/quote']

Same here, a nod...... like Noddy... who remembers him the guy with th yellow car with red arches.... hmm chilhood.. good times :)

I don't wave (unless its fanny lol) but i nod and put my thumb up or flash to other modiflyed VWs' date=' bugs mk2s 1s ect and they all nod smile wave back

[/quote']

Same here, a nod...... like Noddy... who remembers him the guy with th yellow car with red arches.... hmm chilhood.. good times :)

core back in the day !!! now thats old school ....

i've always nodded at other vr drivers' date=' tried with a few aircooled drivers but they don't seem interested... lol

[/quote']

I wouldn't wave at them old aircooled cars either... especially them split screens they never wave back

mainly due to holding onto the steering wheel for dear life

My car has had all VR6 badges removed (granted there was only 2 in total), yet I've been flashed by R32's, several GTI's and a few weeks ago, had a slammed mk4 GT trying to keep up after I plodded past him at around 85....I slowed into middle lane and he overtook with hazards.....probably telling me my car was falling apart :P