Rebuild or r32 swap?

Hi guys and girls need some advice from the wise vdubbers, my oil pump decided to stop working and as a result took out the lower half of the engine, the engine has done 145,000 miles so was gona rebuild and charge it but if it doesn't cost much more to swap over to an r32 engine would prefer to do that, an ideas how much this would set me back? the car is a 97 vr6, any other ideas ? All advice welcome thanks for your help. Leon

Do you have a ruff idea? was quoted 3 grand for a rebuild

thats insane dont pay that

if you think you can get a good condition milage vr same as yours for 2k or less these days! and you could pro get near a grand in parts off your if you stripped it... maybe...

id say r32 it, or buy a new car....

I got a quote from Stealth Racing for an R32 engine swap. It was round the 2.5k just for fitting, getting running and re-map, time on rollers etc. That price didnt include the engine.

I also rang Awesome and you would not believe the tripe he fed me!! Apparently "way too much work to fit an R32 engine, lots of custom fabricated parts needed" therefore it would cost me over 10k just for fitting!!!!! *cough* boll0cks* cough* He then proceeded to try and sell me a 1.8T conversion for 6k including the engine!

Alex was your 2k estimate based on just fitting the engine or including buying the engine as well?!

Il prob give stealth a call then see if they can give me a price because if they would only charge 2.5k to fit it and get it running plus the price of an engine i dont think its to bad a price for the fun ul have, thanks alot guys for your advice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i wouldnt mind an r32 swap. if its a case of engine plus engine loom clocks keys ecu, that shouldnt be to hard to do....famous last words. plus with the vr6 box bolting straight on its gotta be a worthwhile swap. but just out of curiosity imassuming the same can be said for the new r36 lump since its basically still the same engine just bigger. hmm how much can i get for my knackers?