02M Gearbox conversion mount bracket.

Recently we have been developing a gearbox mount for fitting the 02M gearbox into the earlier cars. This mount is designed for use in MK2/3 Golfs and Corrado.

Pictured below is the prototype:

02m%20mount.jpg

The mount can be used with the 4 cylinder engines, eg. 20vt, and also the 6 cylinder engines eg. VR6 - R32

This post is to see how much interest there is for this product and to get feed back on pricing?

I would be interested at the right price. It looks to be made from thinner gauge material than the dutchdub jobbie. Will it take 700+ hp?

Its made from 3mm steel

This mount has been in use on a 500whp/500wftlb car for over 3 months now. Its not BHP that will break engine mounts, its torque.

The mount is designed so it can be used with relocation or not. For example a MK2 VR6 with an 02M will need relocation of the mount on the subframe. It depends on the engine, A guy has used this mount on a PD TDI engine into a MK2 golf and didnt relocate the mount on the subframe. Take note of the slot in the mount.

i will want one but not for a while as in a few years unfortunately. Interest in this product will grow and grow the more people do the convention so def start making them.

As for price go for around the same as dutchdub, Personally i think around £70 would be good. don't think its worth alot more than that

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested in the mounts for my MK2 VR6-T, with 4 motion 02m

How much they going to be ??

Keeping narrow track with 5x100 hubs.......running the transfer box as well

what driveshafts / cv joints do i need ?? any VW items that will work or will i need custom jobbies ??

heard skoda fabia VRS for N/S + Golf Rallye O/S (RHD) items will work.......then just change the necessary cv to suit

This mount allows you to mount the 02M in the older VW chassis' as VW intended.

No' date=' the dogbone mount would be installing it as VW intended.

[/quote']

Not on a Mk2 I'm affraid, they didnt have dogbone mounts in 1985

Dog bone mounts are used in the MK4 and up, 02M and 02J if you notice? When an 02J is fitted to a MK2 you dont use th dogbone mount there either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...