Cleaning in this weather?

Having just bought my VR6, I am itching to have give it a good clean (good way to 'bond' with a new car I think) However, I'm somewhat put off by the arctic climate at the moment.

I guess this follows on from the "How long do you spend cleaning your car?"; Are there any fanatics who still regularly wash their when it is freezing cold? If so, any tips!

warm water to stop if freezing too much...

avoid cleaning when there is frost on it to avoid scratching paintowrk...

separate sponges for top & bottom of the car..

run the engine (sorry tree huggers)...

wash it in the afternoon so it's a bit warmer :-)

enjoy your bonding!

Use warm water in the TBM.

Try washing in the afternoon when its a bit warmer.

And warp up warm, once you start moving you will soon warm up.

I wouldnt bother with a full on detail, just a wash, dry and sealent or wax.

If you ar applying wax or a sealent just do a panel at time depending on weather conditions. As if it gets to cold it can be difficult to buff off.

Well, my fingers have thawed out now and the car's clean, though not sparkling. Has let me identify the imperfections which I plan to attack with clay bar, polish and then wax later. May have to seek help though with a couple of spots (when I work out how to upload photos).

It was well worth losing feeling in my hands and feet as I now appreciate the car more. I love the front air/cooling intakes - the only clue it's a VR6 apart from the badges, and who can love badges! I also love that every panel and piece of trim felt solid - good old German engineering! No doubt it'll get filthy in the week, so let's hope it's a bit warmer next weekend.

Up until my head Gasket blew Mon I jet washed the salt of her every other day at work and two bucket washed her with maggies shampoo dried her as normal and sealed it with next gen wax...

My wife thinks I only go out there spending hours on the car to get away from her. But I just had to explain that everyones spends as much time as possibe with the one they love the most.

1231612845_8485_FT263590_flame_.jpg

Wash it once a week r maybe every two weeks..in this shite weather its pointless..10mins on the road an its covered in muck again..if its not the fucker in front with miss aligned window squirters or the after wash of a transport truck when it passes you..its dirty rain that every thing sticks to..a good polish and sealant in early September and a wash down every week till april..then the real work can start... my two cents..hahah