Two nights ago, my car was parked on the roadside around my friends. I stopped over during the night with quite a few bevvies.

My alarm started going off at around 1:15am and I was at the window within 2 seconds to see 2 kids, 1 getting off the floor shouting in pain and the other shouting abuse at my car.

The one shouting in pain punched my O/S wing mirror with his left hand and the other booted it....took it off. I was on the phone to the police and downstairs as fast as I could but they'd ran off and I wasn't able to walk in a strait line.

Anyway, the next day, I got home to find my rents were pi**ed off at me!. Turns out, the little c**ts were both 17 and the one that had yelled out in pain had broken his wrist by running full speed into my mirror and hitting the floor. His parents, mother a soliciter and the father a policeman had been round and were on about taking legal action against me for incorrect parking on a pedestrian right of way, path, even though I was on the road.

He had a laceration to his left hand where he'd punched my mirror and a broken wrist from the fall. I was in touch and met his father to explain that his sons description of the nights events were somewhat ....WRONG.

After being told that I had parked illigally and caused his sons injuries, I quickly pointed out where my car was parked, that the police had been out, I had photographic evidence, that his son was drunk underage and that I'd be happy to go to court so long as he forked out for my wing mirror.

Needless to say, negotiations broke down and I've been told that I shall be recieving legal corrispondance from their soliciter.

Neither of our parties have witnesses, I have photos of the car almost immidiately after the incident...around 30secs after the call to the police was made, though some could argue that I'd unlocked the car, jumped in, removed the security lock, started the engine, moved it onto a road, jumped out, put the lock back on, locked it up and moved all the mirror and plastic onto the road in 30 secs.......bearing in mind, my photo's come tagged with a time of use and date and my phone has the time of call and duration.

How d'ya think i'll fair from all of this?

Imo i can see this being thrown out of court if it goes that far! Maybe you should go to the C.A.B to see what they think? Did the police actually come out to you? If they did were you given a card with the policeman/womans name if so, get in contact with them as well. But it doesnt help that his parents are a solicitor and policeman, that was probably a reason why they tried it with your car as they knew they would probably get away with it!

It would be handled by a small magistrates even if it went to court anyway.

The police came out an hour later and yes I did get police contact details, but no other corrrispondance. I was told to make everything legit and complete, legally, to take my vehicle details down to the local legal centre in nuneaton.

I did all this. Now I remember the son being in a very drunk state, I mean to the point where his friend had to help keep him in a strait line. From what the father told me, they were down A + E from 2am but was seen at 2:15am as it was unusually quiet.

I know from working in a hospital A + E department that the patients state including intoxicated behavior is noted by the recieving doctor and charge nurse.....so if one thing they are hoping to be free of is the *need* for proof that he was drunk, is that I can call on his recent medical notes as evidence.

It's just pathetic tbh, his underage, drunk son damaged my car and they're more concerned with taking legal action against me. Maybe it's a ploy to put me off from claiming from them.

Silly thing is that I didn't know who the hell he or they were, so It would have been me paying out anyway.

sounds like their parents are up there own a*ses.

take it all the way m8 make them pay.

i get fed up with people like this thinking they are above the law,just because of the job they do.

and yes A&E will have made notes that they were drunk.

my wife saw 2 vw golfs damaged this morning with flat tyres and smashed wing mirrors,is there some vendetta against golf owners.

ur frm nuneaton.i thort them ends were safe!

Buddy' date=' I'm from a village on the outskirts of nuneaton, but we have all the teens from all the crap areas of nuneaton congregate here. These are usually the failures that have been outdone in their own areas by bigger, harder, more yobish little turds and so move to an area thats trouble free. These are criminal damge di**heads that can't fight to save their lives and have parents that accept no responsibility for their actions, that are usually on the dole.

We have some of the top dogs from the outlaws and other pinheads living here, but it's their kids that cause the damage........so taking the law into your own hands is at your discresion because their parents react to what you have done to their kids in the same way.

sounds like their parents are up there own a*ses.

take it all the way m8 make them pay.

i get fed up with people like this thinking they are above the law,just because of the job they do.

and yes A&E will have made notes that they were drunk.

my wife saw 2 vw golfs damaged this morning with flat tyres and smashed wing mirrors,is there some vendetta against golf owners.

Well the mother is up her own a*se but the dad is a pretty big cop. However when he started using his size in our discussion, I used mine, so it must have frustrated him somewhat.

I'm almost certain this will not stand up in court, besides, his wife drives a rather expensive merc. I've already told him that I'd pay his sons actions forward, if you catch my drift. His son attends the same college as me anyway ;)

u kno this is such a joke it seems to happen where ever u go even where i live which is a sleepy town in the middle of shropshire u get som drunk kid smashing up cars it happend to my m8 last year i mean im only 22 but what has happend to the kids of 2day when i was pissed nd drugged up i neva wanted to go smash some1s car up. m8 he deserves every thing that happend to him if it did go 2 court u cud tell the police that u didnt more ur car as u were intoxicated as that is against the law! go i h8 people who fink there better than every1 else at the end of the day the peoples kid shud not be out smashing up cars its a simple as that no matter if the stupid tit broke his own wrist.