3litre running in

I would give it a hard life from the word go but not kill it alternate rpm's and stay away from the limiter/wide open throttle for the first 500 miles and use mineral oil (the cheap stuff) for the first 1500 miles, change oil and filter at 25 miles, 500 miles(If using ARP studs I would recheck torque settings) and 1500 miles.

Then after that start using the good oil etc and gradually let the rpm's rise to the limiter.

pretty much what he said.... there are a few variations on the actual mileage, person to person. Some manufaturers like Honda ask for a service visit after 3k to "do a check".....

There used to be a running in oil, I am not sure if it is still available though. I would always use quality oils no matter what stage I am at personaly

I would also do another filter change etc by the time i hit 3000miles at the latest.

The first flush is always the worst. The main advice is make sure you warm up and warm down. Constant temperatures are good. But not for 10 hours straight. So also let it go through a cycle or two if doing a longer run.

Above all look at the dipstick. that will be a really good indicator of the "state" of the oil. Change it if it needs it!

Remember you should expect to use a little for the first 500miles. As it gets in to all those areas and some is absorbed/passed.

As always the more you treat it with respect the better it will be....things like blipping the throttle on changedown to mach revs to speed puts less stress on componants so that can help

Common sense for it all really me old fruit..... build its' revs steadily as the miles come up. you will be able to feel if the engine is tight/happy etc....

Become one with your environment grasshopper....

Thanks for the response guys, i think i will do an oil change after 500 miles and give it a good 1000+ before i open her up.

I also had Wossner low comp pistons fitted as im going rotrex when im finished with the runing in process. i heard the car is supposed to be running a bit rough with low comp pistons but my car is running just fine just a bit lumpy because of the cams.

All you need to do is take it out on the road immediately (don't let it sit there idling too long) and drive it normally. No need to thrash it and don't let it idle too long.

Make sure you give it lots of decceleration .

The first 20 minutes of a new engine's life are the most important as far as bedding is concerned.