[moved] Heater control

Sooooo....Errrm, what was the answer? How did you fix this "Headache" then??

Usually, what causes this is the heat applied to the cable through the bulkhead from the engine bay, causing the cable to sieze in the sleeve... I had this not so long ago... It required the dash out, baring in mind that my car is a Passat and not a Golf... I "Dribbled" some 3in1 down the sleeve of the cable, left it over night and, as they say "One Good Chug" in the morning ;) and it's been fine ever since.... Just wondered how you did yours.... :P

P.S Only just seen this, so Sorry for not replying sooner.... :D

There is a bracket which holds the sleeve to the control panel which had broken off for some reason, so a bit of duct tape and attatched it to the other one next to it so it cant move :P , not the ideal but better than a new control panel and taking them all off !dodge , that would drive me nuts as i could not even get one off last night. cheers for posting though but this i doubt is a common prob :)

And if its the bracket I think you're referring to, I have spare ones, if you want.... I think it's like a hook, but around 1cm in width Yes?? If so I have a handful here, for the price of a stamp/envelope i could post a couple to ya....interested???

my dial for the fan (1,2,3,4) has been overheated and has now got a bubble in it and only 4 works all the time, sometimes 2 never 1 and about 5 times a year 3 works.

got a whole 2nd hand one off ebay ages ago inc fans and funnels for about £15 i think it was, just never got round to fixing it

No the part that broke was a part of the whole dial console thingy :P , but i think i know what you mean by the hooks, are they metal though? if so that bit is ok, and eventually i might go and get a new console but just cant be arsed to play around breaking bits off my fingers getting the old one out ;) , and plus it works fine now luckily :)