A new project for a new VR6 owner...

Hi all,

I'll be buying my cheap cheap Golf VR6 (about a grand) in the next few days and already I have a few things planned...

If you had just bought a cheap VR6 what would be the first mod you do? Chip? Wheels? Sort out bodywork? I.C.E?

I plan to check the engine thoroughly over first and service whatever needs doing... Including guide rails if necessary.

Also I'll plug in my VAG-COM when I go to see it tomorrow and check it out after a hot run. Just a quick question - where is the diag port? Is it in the same place as my Mk4...?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like most people have said is sort out handling and rubber as you need it to stick to the road with the power it has!lol if its an OBD1 the port is in the same place as an OBD2! If your on a budget, then GSF do a full lowering kit ie shocks and springs for £185 ex vat, i had it on my GTI and it was a very good set up!

If your on a budget' date=' then GSF do a full lowering kit ie shocks and springs for £185 ex vat, i had it on my GTI and it was a very good set up!

[/quote']

And they are hard as hell very uncomfatable and dont do much for the handling on a VR6 if you ask me I bought a VR6 with them fitted and quickly changed them.

i got my coilovers for 150 lol, not great make, (raceland) think there on ebay now for 200...

wheels is a nice place to start if your on a budget tehres plenty of ncie second hand ones crop up on here and edition 38 site, infact loads on there... then induction kit!