.:R32 engine into a mk3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the same money and near enough the same power. Hard decision tbf lol. R32 is going to cost more but has much more potential

BUT 500 bhp from a VR6 is the same as 500 bhp from a R32 so depends what your aim is and why your doing it, Perhaps to make a unique mk3

If you want over 500-600 bhp then you need to put a R32 in (and 4 wheel drive)

If you only want a 400 bhp FWD mk3 i don't see much point, saying that though i know what id rather have LOL

• 11 months later...

If you stick with the standard gearbox, then yep, straight in.

The front engine mount bracket needs modifying slightly but C2 sell some bits to help with that and they also sell some lovely downpipes, which look a LOT better than other methods I've seen.

The tricky part is the management. Bosch ME7 is a thing of beauty but it needs careful deactivation of certain things for it to work properly in a conversion. Stealth Racing, VAG-Doctor and I presume C2 can all help with that.

Kev is right about the ECU. We can offer what is needed for engine converions which involve the ME7 ECU.

There is no need to go to standalone management to run these engines.

Immobiliser defeat and systems defeat too. We have several MK2 based cars running ME7 ECU's, all with ZERO fault codes. These include 1.8t, 24v and R32.

Kev is right about the ECU. We can offer what is needed for engine converions which involve the ME7 ECU.

There is no need to go to standalone management to run these engines.

Immobiliser defeat and systems defeat too. We have several MK2 based cars running ME7 ECU's' date=' all with ZERO fault codes. These include 1.8t, 24v and R32.

[/quote']

Dont suppose you guys do VR6 to R32 conversions from scratch??

If you use a MK5 engine, they have electric steering, so you will need an alternator bracket from a Golf 4Motion to mount your VR6 steering pump onto and then all is well. You retain the R32 alternator.

If you get a MK4 donor engine, they're hydraulic steering like the VR6, so goes straight in!

MK5 engines also have return-less fuel rails, so you can either use a MK4 fuel rail, or a 3 way remote fuel pressure regulator (in, out, return) mounted to the rail or the inner wing.

The battery location depends on what air filter you use although in the MK3 golf you might have room to mount a decent sized filter.

its still for sale cus no-one will buy it, it was a lovely car but the interior retrim was wank, hideous colour and pretty much everything inside was standard but a different colour, nothing special really and i dont think its worth £14k!!!!

a decent R32 engine is no more than £1k, and if its as easy to fit as some say then i reckon the hwole install would come to no more than £1.5k

its definately something i will be doing though, if not for the pwoer then for the reliability

a decent R32 engine is no more than £1k' date=' and if its as easy to fit as some say then i reckon the hwole install would come to no more than £1.5k

[/quote']

Bit optimistic i think fella. Been trawling eBay for awhile now keeping my eyes peeled on R32 engines. Usually looking round the £1.5-2k mark for a decent engine complete with everything u need to get the engine running near enough (keys, ign. etc etc)

Not sure how much on top u'd be paying for all the other parts like but i reckon it would be more then a monkey tbh

youve not been looking ahrd enough ;-)

as far as i know to isntall a R32 engine you need

Engine

NEw front mount

New downpipe

ECU

Wiring loom

I dont think you need stuff like keys / ignition barrels / or the ancillaries as its all bolt on and the ECU is matched to the existing key etc.

At least thats the impression i got from C2 when he explained it