Hello,

My VR6 Highline has started missfiring below 1000rpm over the last couple of days in this tripe wet weather. Pulling away in first gear feels like it's been put into 3rd of 4th gear. Are there any common problems that I could try first as it's intermitent. I've used the search function and found a lot of problems but no real common theme.

Many thanks as usual

Matt

In this order:

Spark Plugs

HT Leads

Coil Pack

No real test except to replace items one by one and see if problem goes away I'm afraid. But the first two items aren't too pricey and both are available on ebay for not much cash.

These HT leads are really good value. Cheapest I've found and seem to be very good quality. I've been using them on mine for 9 months now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK3-VR6-CORRADO-VR6-PLUG-LEAD-SET-C247_W0QQitemZ200269469611QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9889QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

ip

Just a few questions, how does the car rev up when stationary? what is throttle response like? is it worse or better when cold? when was the last time you replaced your air filter and changed your oil? and do you know what your voltage is at idle from your alternator, when cold and warm?