hi all am really gutted... went to go to the rolling road day yes2day but 5miles up the road and she started rubbin on the rear drivers side wheel like constantly... i was due to do the bearing but i hadn't got around to it (i had replaced one about 3 weeks before)

anyway under closer inspection the wheel is virtually touchin on the drivers side arch yet i can get my fingers between the wheel and arch on the passenger side ( which it wasnt like before)

any1 with any ideas as to wot it could be? i'm hopin its mayb the bearin collapsed and that it hasn't caused any damage

i dont think it'll be the coiovers cos i dont think they are that old so i was also wonderin about either the rear axle bushes (these arent that old either accordin to the receipts i got with the car) or maybe the strut top mount

hope some1 can help i'm missin the infectious sound of the big vr already! :(

also any ideas cheapest place for a water pump think thats starin to go aswell... :(

only thing to do by the sound of it is take the wheel off and have a good poke around, sounds like time for a rebuild, sounds like a bush or even a bolt has failed and the whole rear axle has shifted.

Check the trailing arm mounting points on each side for play or anything obvious