I have a shrick manifold lying about in the shed that used to be on my old obd1 vr, i no have a vortec s/c obd2 vr, i know i need to get the obd2 manifold adapter but what else do i need to do? is it a case of just plug & play (with re-map of course) i've heard storys of the flap inside the shrick g

breaking due to the increased air flow??

What sort of difference should i get? better driveability? more bhp?

its fine mate, ive got one with my SC, the old VW VSR was prone to snapping as its flap was plastic, but the schrick one is metal, just set it to 4100rpm.

Heres my graphs when I went to stage 2 charger and schrick, itlll give you a rough idea of just how much bottom end the schrick gives. The big dip is the schrick flap opening, but 100rpm too late at 4200rpm, so now its at 4100rpm its alot less on the graph, its really smooth now and will just keep accelerating all over the rev range, they work really well together!

STAGE1TQ.jpgSTAGE2TQ.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

I will have a OBD2 adaptor for sale soon ;-)

Oh my god Gary now what you planning......or has it got one already

S/c + shrick looks a winner' date=' its just sat in the shed gathering dust, seems a waste really!!!

[/quote']

Silly me thought you were talking to me craggsy....didn't realise there were so many Gary's!!! lol

Just out of interest has anyone done the rotrex/shrick route? I'm thinking of going the rotrex route and would be interested to find out results! Would the shrick still work well with say 350-400bhp???

better off with a schimmel short runner and charge cooler,

The schrick works well with a V9 as it boosts torque low down, but rotrex's seem to give low down grunt anyway going by the graphs Ive seen, many of them near vertical.