Hey guys & girls,

My Vr had a few rust spots on that i want sorted. Main ones are on the boot (Just above the lip/handle) Previous owner has chip sticked them or something. I know the obvious answer is either going to be replace the boot or sand it down, treat it and then get it resprayed.

My question is, is there anyway i could sand the area down till the rust is completely gone (doesnt look like its deep rust, just surface) treat it, re primer and re paint it and then try to blend the paint in bit like what this guide on scratch removal instructs:

Thanks to anyone who has any advice!

just remember if you go down to the metal remember to etch prime and then prime. but try not to use pre mixed base and clear coats from a car accesory shop as they are 60% thinners, if you can afford to spray it correctly use a compressor and spray gun if you have any questions please ask me as i have had to date 4 best in show and 2 feature cars. There is a lot more to doing a good paint job than just putting paint on

• 8 months later...

Im in desperate need too!!!Ive got rust on top of roof by drivers side window and some odd patches of rust over rear arches (size of 50p) i want a mint job on it as the rest of paint work is still dam sweet! I need somewhere local so can any one help? Thanks