Burgandy 5 door VR6...... will be FOR SALE early/mid MARCH

11thOctober2008001.jpg

11thOctober2008002.jpg

11thOctober2008003.jpg

11thOctober2008004.jpg

11thOctober2008005.jpg

11thOctober2008006.jpg

11thOctober2008007.jpg

my brother Matt rang me the other day and asked "Do you want a VERY cheap VR?"....... it was so cheap i couldn't say no

we've desided to go half's on the purchase / modding cost's & use it for trackdays & drag racing........i'll be using it a my sort of daily (my proper daily is a pushbike)

were going to keep the purchase/modding cost under £999 & enter it in next years Practical Performance Car £999 Challenge (i've done the last 2)

main reason for it been cheap was that the gearbox was shot, but Matt had one at his unit

picked it up today, pulled the VR6 badges off, changed the rear lights & front fogs/reflectors

started cleaning it after I took the pictures, but ran out of daylight before I finished :(

looking good:)

there Hella Magic' date=' brand new, £28

[/quote']

where from??

we went to an autojumble at Hougham, nr Grantham, Lincs........ it think the seller will be at Newark on 16th of November

he's got red, green & blue...... only 1 set of each though

cant see too well from the pic but if thats the plastic part of the selector mechanism thats snapped then a new one is only £10 from main stealers

part no:

1J0 711 256

thanks for the info

taking the bit we need from the old broken gearbox tonight, will probably get a new one too & keep it in the car as a "just in case"

yikes' date=' did you hold it ok? any damage to the car?

[/quote']

i was only doing 65/70 on the un-lit part of the M62 heading to Hull..............there was a thud at the rear of the car, i just thought i'd hit a rock/bit of wood

a little while after that there was an other thud & the car gradually started to pull a to the left

i hoped it was one of the fronts, cos there the wrong size (195/50x15).......but it was a rear (205/50x15)

can't see any damage to the car

• 4 weeks later...

MOT passed :)

not first time, needed rear drivers side caliper, rear drivers side handbrake cable & rear drivers side tyre

robbed a caliper off a Ibiza Cupra Sport that Matt's breaking, handbrake cable was £15 (ish) & stuck 2 near new Firestone's on back (£60 off eBay, 200 miles on them)

central locking has been playing up....... sometime wasn't locking at all

swapped the pump thingy in the boot & it's works first time now....... i wasn't expecting an easy fix

6bfc3ca5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

got the bits needed for the brake upgrade sorted

Red Dot grooved/dimpled front disc's, EBC Redstuff pads & Goodridge flexi's

found a good sized Pipercross cone filter to fit

alarm/immobiliser messed up :(

all ripped out now & separate alarm & immobiliser fitted

got some more wheels coming....... ATS DTM there called, may paint them black

c9e2_1.JPG

• 2 months later...

i'll be putting this up FOR SALE in early to mid March

reason is....... too many car's

mk1 Golf Driver goes on the road in March........ Gold mk1 Golf trackday car needs to be done....... & i've also got an other project car that will be quicker than the VR (top secret at the mo, will appear mid March)

not sure what price the VR will be yet....... will still be pretty cheap

paint & dents on the drivers side doors will be done...... so will passenger side wing

may even paint the bonnet & spare tailgate

if anyone wants it "as is" or without the Hella twins/Red rears i'll do it cheaper & sell sooner

bear in mid tax runs out end of March & i can't tax it til 5th of March at the soonest