• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris is the car lowered on coil overs by any chance. I have the same problem with my steering.

Coil overs are made up of 2 springs with a spacer/ring inbetween the 2, i had my wife work the steering while i had a look and noticed that the 2 springs were not turning together when the steering was worked lock to lock, what was happening was 1 spring was slipping on the spacer creating the clunk/knock. Hope this helps if your running coil overs.

Andy

Hi Chris is the car lowered on coil overs by any chance. I have the same problem with my steering.

Coil overs are made up of 2 springs with a spacer/ring inbetween the 2' date=' i had my wife work the steering while i had a look and noticed that the 2 springs were not turning together when the steering was worked lock to lock, what was happening was 1 spring was slipping on the spacer creating the clunk/knock. Hope this helps if your running coil overs.

Andy

[/quote']

how did you overcome this problem?

I have'nt, on first discovering the problem i grabbed some kitchen cleaner just something soapy in a bottle and without the car jacked up i sprayed some in there so as to cover the spring and spacer so the spring could slip without knocking, this worked once the soap had worked onto the spacer. but to be ohnest did not last long obviously once the soap had dried out. May try a little coating of grease when i can be bothered to do it lol. I dont notice it half the time.

Andy