Sign in to follow this  
webbie

aux. water pump

I'm not sure about that. The aux water pump is a belt driven water pump located on the left side of the head. The tensioner is that weird looking bolt on round thing on the side of the engine next to the left-most inlet tract. Mine disintegrated the other day:

3328395643_1f4b623776.jpg

lol what a normal water pump runs of a belt and the auxiliary one is electric surely not lol

I guess he's finally found the correct forum to be on wouldnt fancy being on the raddo one

i do think this site is to golf orientated not alot of help with raddo's

This is true in my eyes..........it needs changing really but all the info for the engine will be available here. Gotta remember that the corrado is a very specific car with unique parts

there are a fair few Rado owners on here but a lo of them understandibly do stick on the Corrado forum which on the few times I have been on has always been really helpful and welcoming much like here :)

Anyway back to the issue! Water pumps are belt driven-on most engines, aux pumps are electrical, and yes help cool the system after switching off. I had a clio 16v and this had the same thing, only it packed up so i by-passed it. As long as the main water pump is working, imo, your car will be fine! :)