So what next??????????

mk4 4 motion for about 10k and then another 2.5k for a supercharger ,then you would have approx 270 bhp(check the standard bhp before you all disagree),4 wheel drive, newer looks and technology than the mk3 but still the stealth appeal with subaru and r32 beating performance

Guest Olly_K

trouble is, the 4motion looks like every other mk4 golf on the planet. And lets face it, theres a few out there. But yes they are newer on the inside and have the lurrrrrrrvley blue illumination :)

mk4 4 motion for about 10k and then another 2.5k for a supercharger ' date='then you would have approx 270 bhp(check the standard bhp before you all disagree),4 wheel drive, newer looks and technology than the mk3 but still the stealth appeal with subaru and r32 beating performance[/quote']

when you can get a '01 scooby wrx for £10k with 18k on it with about 280bhp.

all about whether you want a vw or not...the scooby is a much better car IMO. but some can't get past its looks. me...i'd get the scoob and get a headlamp conversion kit.

depending on the budget -

E30 M3/ E36 M3

Or dare i say it... a Nissan 200SX Turbo? quick and very fun, extremely reliable and reasonably stealthy.... Ok i'll go grab my coat.

But i have to agree, MK4 V6 4 motion with Santa Monica wheels do look the business, stealthy appeal, plus lots of power and torque.

depending on the budget -

E30 M3/ E36 M3

Or dare i say it... a Nissan 200SX Turbo? quick and very fun' date=' extremely reliable and reasonably stealthy.... Ok i'll go grab my coat.

But i have to agree, MK4 V6 4 motion with Santa Monica wheels do look the business, stealthy appeal, plus lots of power and torque.[/quote']

E30 are nice, but only in an old school way and only LHD :o(

E36 VERY overated in my opinion, hence why I kept the VR and the M3 EVO went.

200sx, was well tempted by one of these, but mostly all bloody AUTO if you want the top spec "Touring" version with all the toys. And crap space inside for such a large car, but loads of tuning potetial.

Have known of 2 peeps with 4-motions, both have had trouble with them, one even gave his back after 3 weeks and demanded a refund, and got it no questions asked!

Think Olly K has got the right idea looking at the VAG range and using the RS and S range, of Audi's.

But ultimately you've got to be looking to Stuttgart in my opinion, Porsche's can provide a relatively cheap form of Supercar ownership........and reliable enough to justify daily use.

Take the 968 clubsport for example or a 8 to 10 year old 911?

Just my thoughts and I know thats not everyone's opinion.

aaaahhhhh!! i just caught myself looking at lotus elises i know they have reliability issues but they look like fun track day mayhem in a can!!

but the S and RS ranges are catching my eye just have to save up for one of the new ones i think

or buy a elise for 8-9k alright ill shut up now %-6

Cant argue about the Japs being quick just totally devoid of character inside and suffer from image problems imho...

There is one exception to the rule - Skyline R33GTR - my mate had one for a short period of time with 450bhp - mental - his had a full £2000 Trust exhaust system and the sound of that at 8500rpm was something that i will remember for a long long time 8o) ....

Soon after he wrote it off :P:P

As for 200SX 's - another mates got a non touring S14 - ridiculously cheap bang for buck but im not convinced about reliabilty engine wise once you start to mod them - fuel pumps are weak and this can be a big problem - detonation - a lumps biggest enemy :o ......

Que Anorak - he had big problems on his for exactly the same reasons...

Pete.

Cant argue about the Japs being quick just totally devoid of character inside and suffer from image problems imho...

There is one exception to the rule - Skyline R33GTR - my mate had one for a short period of time with 450bhp - mental - his had a full £2000 Trust exhaust system and the sound of that at 8500rpm was something that i will remember for a long long time 8o) ....

Soon after he wrote it off :P:P

As for 200SX 's - another mates got a non touring S14 - ridiculously cheap bang for buck but im not convinced about reliabilty engine wise once you start to mod them - fuel pumps are weak and this can be a big problem - detonation - a lumps biggest enemy :o ......

Que Anorak - he had big problems on his for exactly the same reasons...

Pete.

My mate has had a bunch of Imprezas and they are good fun. Probably what I'd go for if I wasn't so into VWs. Just need to sort their horrid understeer problem with a proper rear anti-roll bar and some more negative camber and you're away :-)

I hate the image they have tho. They are hero cars to Chavs and stick a Hayward & Scott cat-bypass on one and they'll bare your children.

Eat this......checked your coil pack recently? Give it the old spray test at night and check for electrical fireworks. Hook it up to VAG-COM if you've got it and make sure the Cam sensor is still in the land of the living too.

aaaahhhhh!! i just caught myself looking at lotus elises i know they have reliability issues but they look like fun track day mayhem in a can!!

but the S and RS ranges are catching my eye just have to save up for one of the new ones i think

or buy a elise for 8-9k alright ill shut up now %-6

i'd get a vx220 instead of an elise...yes, they aren't as cool, but i think they look just as good, but most importantly are likely to be more reliable and will cost a lot less if they screw up. oh, they are slightly quicker as well with equal handling.