big power is not the key

went to santa pod at the weekend and had a great time. ran my car down the strip and was sorely dissapointed. i ran a 13.6 last year with 340bhp. this time round with the bigger turbo and a better setup, i ran 13.4 with 405bhp. so i guess big power really isnt whats needed on the strip, its about getting the power down and having a car set up for the track also helps. i am still happy though as a 13.4 isnt an awful time in a big heavy thing like my car, and the fact that its a road car and not built for track.

so to those wanting a rapid car, they should think more about traction, and gearing than outright power. but having 400 horses is still major fun lol,

so i guess big power really isnt whats needed on the strip' date=' its about getting the power down also helps

so to those wanting a rapid car, they should think more about traction, and gearing than outright power.

[/quote']

Mate you dont know how apt these comments are in relation to the chat at Biling all weekend!!! All those that were there surely wont b able to keep a straight face when reading this thread!!

Well done on the time though buddy, and i would love a 400bhp VR6!!

There is a guy over in the states with a 16vT Corrado with around 400 horses, and he gets stupid low 1/4 mile times, but I'm pretty sure he has a very tall gearbox to do that, thus getting the power down a lot better....

There is a guy over in the states with a 16vT Corrado with around 400 horses' date=' and he gets stupid low 1/4 mile times, but I'm pretty sure he has a very tall gearbox to do that, thus getting the power down a lot better....

[/quote']

I beleive that an American quarter is different to ours tho.

But yes the conversations would of been soooo good at billing about this ;) :-d

yep its realy is anoying.. All the VRTs i watch on you tube spin in 1st 2nd and 3rd.. Altho it sounds cool it realy pisses me off

With all these VRTs been made hopfully some people doing build threads of 4 wheel drive convertions will pop up :) (Vr monster u should be the first lol)

Surly it feels faster with 400 bhp than 340bhp once moving?

There is a guy over in the states with a 16vT Corrado with around 400 horses' date=' and he gets stupid low 1/4 mile times, but I'm pretty sure he has a very tall gearbox to do that, thus getting the power down a lot better....

[/quote']

I beleive that an American quarter is different to ours tho.

But yes the conversations would of been soooo good at billing about this ;) :-d

y wot was said at billing ????

its all about gettign off the line on the 1/4 miles, makes a hell of a difference

i dont run my vr6 1/4 miles but i have a 250bhp corsa that i do use, used to never get traction but aftr adding a LSD ands sticky tyres im now hitting flat 13's, still spis too much though but hell of a lot better than it used to be.

well i knew from the beginning that as soon as i breached 300bhp it would become pretty undrivable, so didnt expect to chop my times from last year by much. so 2 tenths is ok i guess. but it is so much better once its moving, race me in 3rd and anyone will see why this car is a monster lol. 425lb torque will pull me well off the clock in only a few seconds. it also isnt built to be a race car, its a cruiser, a but of poke to go with the luxury of a cabriolet. and its mainly shock value. after my first burnout before the run up the strip i could hear the crowd cheering lol. they must have loved the sound ha ha. ill just keep perfecting my launch and see if i can tame the right foot a little to drop my times.