I picked the car up this morning, everything all went as planned. 135mph on the way home with more left to give (on a private road, naturally) Popped to the local scrappy for a rear wiper arm and on the way back, hit a pigeon with the windscreen :o :@

DSC03299-1.jpg

DSC03298.jpg

Work In Progress :-d

DSC03304.jpg

Arty Farty Shots!

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03308.jpg

Completely Standard

1997 R Plate

2.8 VR6

115k miles, full service history

Mystic Blue

Climatronic Climate Control

A Whole Dogs Worth of Dog Hair :gag:

16" BBS Alloys (Need a refurb)

Thanks matey :)

Some sh*t nearly went into the side of me on the Tesco roundabout in ely earlier, I was furious. He clearly wasn't looking where he was going and was going too fast!! I would of been heart broken if I'd had a crash on my first day of being a vr owner.

nice car stu' date=' makes me want to get mine on the road in a hurry. Wheel bearings this week then MoT. Hows gooney going. Oh hope the sunroof works. That 2 VW's I have neither of them bloody work :-(

[/quote']

Christ Darren, don't let Mrs B hear you say it's my car :-p

Thanks everyone for you comments, it's nice to know other people appreciate it like I do :)

Plan is:

A good detailing

Coilovers

Mk4 style Mk3 lights

Crystal smoked indicaters and fogs

Crystal smoked rears

Debadged grill

16" or 17" rims but not sure what ones yet

Techtonics exhaust

Schimmel 263s

Custom re-map

Replacement beasting ariel

Front number plate

Treatment for faded rear spoiler

Replacement centre console (a bracket of some sort is screwed on the side of the current one)

Replace tatty stearing wheel and gearstick gaiter and gearknob

Chrome bezels for instument cluster

TT Pedals

Pink fluffy dice (only joking)

Black leather interior

Sound system

Alumination change from green to red

I think that's it so far

that list will cometo 2 grand+ lol should maybe have spent an extra 500 and got one modded...think this has already been said....

It has mate indeed, but we were in need of a car quick, following the last one getting written off by some d1ck in a 7.5 tonne lorry and we were on a very limited budget, so our primary target was to get a nice clean un-modified one, specifically OBD2, and that is what we got (we think lol)

I do agree though mate, another £500 quid might have got us something already modified, but we didn't have the £500.... :)

that list will cometo 2 grand+ lol should maybe have spent an extra 500 and got one modded...think this has already been said....

I see what your saying but, where is the fun in driving around in someone else's achievement ?

I'm really looking forward to working on the vr and i've never felt like that with a car before. Bring on the challange i say ;)

Tbh, if i had bought a car already modified, it probably would of have the $hit ranted out of it LOL!!

I see what your saying but' date=' where is the fun in driving around in someone else's achievement ?

I'm really looking forward to working on the vr and i've never felt like that with a car before. Bring on the challange i say ;)

Tbh, if i had bought a car already modified, it probably would of have the $hit ranted out of it LOL!!

[/quote']

Makes sense...something that has your personal touch not matter what it costs lol . Good luck :)

I see what your saying but' date=' where is the fun in driving around in someone else's achievement ?

[/quote']

im not saying you have to like some ones mods, but mine had leather and wheels i didnt like on it, but i sold the leather for £400 and wheels for £320, so thats £720 i had to put towards gettin better mods...

it came with a nice full exhaust so thats saved me 300 also.....

possibly the same price as you paid you could have got leathr etc, but i rushed into buyin mine cus of soem nob crashin into me, so i know where your comin from....