Certificate of Installation for Insurance- HELP?!

Hello guys and gals!

I need your help/suggestions...I have an old Logic/Conlog alarm system installed which immobilises, arms and has automatic closure on windows and sunroof BUT i do not have the certificate for insurnace purposes. I only have the original manual which states it is a CAT 1 system.

Can you suggest a place thatll write me a certificate?

I dont want to spend £200 on a Toad or Clifford system when this one is working perfectly, although it being very old.

Any contact numbers or advice would be a big help!

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

When I brought my VR6 it had the Logic/Conlog alarm fitted it also had a clifford Virtual key thing installed. My insurance only demanded a Cat 2 to be installed so I went to an Alarm fitter by me and asked him to produce a Certificate for me only for the Clifford as I don't know if the logic one was a Cat alarm at the time and my insurance not wanting a Cat 1 didn't need it. Cost about £25 to have one done but my insurance accepted this.

i have the same problem chap!!!

i had to settle for a insurance broker and they cost ing a fair bit more for the year....

i would ave just got thecertificate but the tax was up 3 days after i bought the VR....

mines a sigma cat1 and they said they would have to service it and it would cost £150 mmmm that seems a lot to me just for a bit of paper????

Think you might face a bigger problem then you think matey. The original alarms WERE CAT1 but think Thatchem removed the CAT rating from them. I had the Sigma alarm in my 96 N reg and when i checked i found it wasnt registered as CAT1 anymore. Lucky mine was fooked so i needed a new alarm anyway.

So shelling out for a new alarm might be your only option :(

• 3 weeks later...