project vr turbo - less than a grand - thread cleaned and updated 19 05 2009

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, another update, got the intercooler and the turbo is in the post, so the build starts this thursday, gonna do a couple of hours a night , so i reckon a week or so off the road.. fingers crossed it goes ok :)

yeah its gonna have the potential for it. but as i said i dont no how a 170000 mile box is gonna hold up ? and ive no idea what the cams are gona do for my bhp, gonna run some very low boost to start , maybe 6 psi

as you can see, everything bar the turbo is here..and now ive figured out how to post pics, ill document the rest of the build as i promised on the first page.

check back thursday for some more pics

right update time. everythings off the car, so now i have no choice but to make it work. trial fitted the intercooler and took the head and bits off, so we are left with a blank canvas. worked out the routing off the intercooler pipes and the direction of the oil feed for the tubby.

some pics below

1212698954_3866_FT231150_pc120019_.jpg

1212698954_3866_FT231150_pc120020_.jpg

1212698954_3866_FT231150_pc120021_.jpg

this took all of one and a half hours, and we wer'nt rushing...

you can also see that the top chain guide to the front of the engine has snapped in two. EEK !!

i think i may replace it. they are only a fiver each.

more stuff to come in the next few days..ill post some pictures of the intercooler on the car with pipes maybe by the end of next week. should also have the head on by then , just waiting on the arp head bolts to be delivered now.

well, started to cut out the bumper iron tonight, i also need to remove some of the plastic surround that holds the radiator, and im gonna get 2 3" to 2.5 " reducers for my intercooler then i can mock the pipework up.

Jim just out of intrest are u still drivin the car inbetween doin the work?

6psi on a VR and its still fully rapid... Problem is they would be SO much faster if they could put the power down. At 6psi his still spinnin both wheels in 1st 2nd and 3rd