project vr turbo - less than a grand - thread cleaned and updated 19 05 2009

he he' date=' not bad is it...cant wait till friday to get the fuelling sorted :)

[/quote']

not bad does not even come close !!!!

yeah I bet will be even more fun when you have finished your tinkering with it :) will let you know about the local mapping had a look on tinternet and found a couple of promising sounding places

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im running a begi fmu, which is basically a boost dependant rising rate pressure reg..inline with the standard reg. its how the early eip kits did it..its crude but works well.. mine aint leaning out coz, until it boosts, its runnign standard fuel pressure , then as it senses boost, more fuel is added , it more or less forces it through the injectors, by stopping it going back to the fuel tank..

no' date=' not really..i still get around 31mpg ona run, and around 26 in town...on par witha supercharger i spouse.. i reckon with a proper chip, and injectors, it would be better still

[/quote']

yeah weird I just did a b and a road run of 45 miles with normal type driving and got 34.4mpg with a supercharger !!!! more low down power in high gears means you dont have to give it so much harsh acceleration

• 2 weeks later...

er, yeah ive had a look, and yes it would..but i feel that 150 is a bit steep..still i may send him a pm..

im also looking to sort a few things over the winter..the first being the fuel pump and my external wastegate , which has now stuck open.

awesome thread just read the full lot just now - its gotta be a winner for that sorta money too!

one thing i might of missed did you lower the compression? as ive seen a canadian kit on ebay for £750 and think id be alright at part swapping eg manifold etc but a full stripdown is overwhelming for me!

love to see a vid of it rolling!