project vr turbo - less than a grand - thread cleaned and updated 19 05 2009

well, all my power seems to be at the top end. but i need a vacum feed to the external wastegate. so i guess its running spring pressure only. it show 4 psi at full boost and i must say, it feels quick.

i hope to run 8-10 psi , but i also hope it comes in earlier than 4000 revs. but the boost it does make then is hard..i also have a few holes to plug in the intercooler, ill try and get a short vid up .

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah just under, or maybe just over, if it did go over it was by 50 quid..ill add up the rest of the bills later.

i want more boost now, but until its fuelled properly , im leaving it at 6 psi.. still it pulls well, just doesnt make ful boost till 4000 rpms, but i have a plan for that.

well, i need a vac feed to my turbo wastegate, so at the mio , its on spring pressure, and its also leting boost creep out..so hopefully when i start it today it'll change ..i also plugged my inetrcooler holes last night, and removed the cat..goes twice as good as it did last time..just got the lamda's to connect and im away.

i may go c2 software at a later date, but it runs very well as it is..the tirbo was a gamble, but it a t/3 oe hybrid, so it should be well suited to the vr's engine..it wont help, that i still have boost leaks and other things that need sorting.

right, here it is my spreadsheet of my costs.. its more or less all there, maybe 20-30 quid in sundries..

i recommend , nice new car , on ebay i got all my hoses from there , next day delivery as standard..for example a 3" 90, was around 11 quid..in 4 ply silicon .. good mopney to me, they also gave me a good discount fro repeat business.

apart from that , thx to all , who helped..and ill see everyone at the rr day next week.

ive still got stuff to add to the tread and when i have time ill tidy it up and put some more stuff in.

ah , no , only did mine, with the help of some people..but its not that hard, worst bit is head off and then retiming, which tbh aint that bad, the rest is fairly easy, you just gotta think outside the box sometimes

ill post a vid of it on the road' date=' in a few days once i get some little bugs ironed out :)

then we can have a game of guess the bhp..

[/quote']

As per the other thread and you keeping with an FQ340, well mines 280 @ Stealth so i'm guessing you're about the same, good work!

• 3 weeks later...

well, went to sort the exhaust gasket tonight, but i need to replace al my exhaust studs for bolts, as they wont tighten .

im leaving that for another day.

i can report that the rr day went well, and the fueling is fine with the boost dependant rrpr.

drives loverly, just gotta work out if im gonna fit the dump valve or not.

drives loverly' date=' just gotta work out if im gonna fit the dump valve or not.

[/quote']

It would be rude not to :-d Have you got all this power going thought standard wheels? Put a pic of your car up plz, If its any think like top left then its a PROPER sleeper,

pics are in the build section, but ill take another now its done as its alittle different..and yes its quite a little sleeper..

still dont think im gonna fit the dump valve..but i may chnage my mind.

the torque curve is diagonal and the power was at the wheels