Water pump i think!!! help needed

My car has been making a squeaking noise i thought it was the bearing in the tensioner. I took of the serpentine belt off and there seems to be play on the pulley that is turned by the flat side of the belt. Should i take it out and fix it or just fit a new pump?

Flat side?

My belt is ribbed both sides (for hers and his pleasure ;) )

Don't think the bearing in the water pump can be replaced got to replace the whole pump but its an engine out job to get at the water pump :(

YEAH AS ABOVE I HAD TO DO MINE 2 WEEKS AGO. WHEN MINE STARTED TO GO I HEARD A RATTLING NOISE BUT THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE CHAINS STARTING TO RATTLE COS IT CLEARED AFTER A WHILE BUT AFTER A WEEK OF RATTLING IT FINALLY GAVE WAY SO YOU DONT WANT TO LEAVE IT TOO LONG. TOOK 45 MINS INCLUDING BLEEDING COOLANT SYSTEM. YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE PUMP ONLY COSTS £25 - £35. OBVIOUSLY RENEW ANTI FREEZE AND IF YOUR FEELING RICH JUST ASWELL REPLACE THE BELT.

The belt was done quite recently but may just replace it for peace of mind.

Sorry but engine out my arse it is just a matter of raising the block a foot or so and haping the driveshafts re-seat ok. New pump it is seeing as it's cheap. How much is a VAG one?

mine has decided to let all the water out through the pump as im putting it in. not good. i'll do it myself but im not happy with the driveshafts bit, truth be told i didnt really consider it.

do you have to guide them back in or will they be ok if its jacked just enough?

sorry if it seems ive hi-jacked, dont see the point in starting a new thread when there is already enough info here :)